• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Catching up to Britten.

[video=youtube;bnIaLoSlFWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIaLoSlFWg[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, it's not "free speech", but it is about the media.

Huffpo just laid off the opinion staff.

[video=youtube;2ekPvq9U1ug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ekPvq9U1ug[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lot of people *****ed about Joe going "soft" on Jack Dorsey. So he's apparently going to have Jack back on to cover more controversial issues of censorship and deplatforming on Twitter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lot of people *****ed about Joe going "soft" on Jack Dorsey. So he's apparently going to have Jack back on to cover more controversial issues of censorship and deplatforming on Twitter.
    I can see why Rogan softballed Jack. It’s better to give these social media ceo’s a platform to explain themselves, but it can’t be too confrontational or they’ll just quit doing it. Besides, Jack revealed a lot and it wasn’t as favorable as I assume he thiught it would be. The bit about not knowing the specific offense that caused Alex Jones to be banned was very revealing. He knew the reason. He can’t not have known the reason. His company was being mobbed by the masses demanding Jones be deplatformed. There’s no way he didn’t know the reason. The problem for Jack was that he couldn’t give the reason because it would contradict what he just said about how they determine to ban someone.

I do think it would be useful for Rogan to have Jack back on and get into the inconsistencies and get a commitment from Jack to have a clear policy and enforce it consistently. There is no excuse that people are banned from twitter without twitter being able to point to the specific tweets which got them banned, and explain exactly how that violated terms of service.

I still have no idea which tweets from Carl Benjamin got him banned. Yet a journo can say he wants a kid he disagrees with to be thrown in a wood chipper and not only is that guy not banned. The tweet is still there. Granted. The guy apologized. But did Sargon have the opportunity to apologize for whatever it was that he did? I don’t think he was ever told how he violated TOS.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    More nonsense coming out of the mouth of Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, this time in an interview with Sam Harris.

Twitter CEO: ‘I don’t believe that we can afford to take a neutral stance anymore.’

First, it's a joke to try and pretend that Twitter has taken anything resembling a "neutral stance" in recent years.

And second, it's clear Dorsey isn't fully aware of the ambiguous policies or what's led to some of the high-profile bans we've seen lately.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So some free exchange of ideas "should" be quashed? Or am I misunderstanding your post?

Top Bottom