• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I get references here on INGO that I will look into on an Intelligence Reliability basis.

Source reliability

RatingDescription
    AReliableNo doubt about the source's authenticity, trustworthiness, or competency. History of complete reliability.
    BUsually reliableMinor doubts. History of mostly valid information.
    CFairly reliableDoubts. Provided valid information in the past.
    DNot usually reliableSignificant doubts. Provided valid information in the past.
    EUnreliableLacks authenticity, trustworthiness, and competency. History of invalid information.
    FReliability unknownInsufficient information to evaluate reliability. May or may not be reliable.
    Information reliability

RatingDescription
    1Confirmed by independent SourcesLogical, consistent with other relevant information, confirmed by independent sources.
    2Probably trueLogical, consistent with other relevant information, not confirmed.
    3Possibly trueReasonably logical, agrees with some relevant information, not confirmed.
    4DoubtfulNot logical but possible, no other information on the subject, not confirmed.
    5ImprobableNot logical, contradicted by other relevant information.
    6Difficult to sayThe validity of the information can not be determined.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, that IS damning!

Come on lex, you have as much of a chance of getting a conviction on that as discharge of a forearm to scare off a vicious dog.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, that IS damning!

Come on lex, you have as much of a chance of getting a conviction on that as discharge of a forearm to scare off a vicious dog.

I'm not even sure what conviction you're talking about on this. This isn't about a prosecution (or it would be in the Impeachment thread). ;) Trump hasn't done anything illegal with that tweet.*

No, this appears to be the POTUS fake-questioning whether satire is a 1A right.

* ETA
    Well, if he needs NBC shares to tank so he can short them, then maybe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Speaking of "not my tribe" - is this the right thread for POTUS efforts to curb the 1A or is that GenPol or Trump Impeachment? Or new-thread worthy?
    Nah. Plenty of threads for Trumperbole. It’s kinda nice reading threads which don’t contain uber pro or anti-Trump rhetoric.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Whatever you like.

Jim Acosta is a dou***! CNN can assign anyone they want except him to the White House.

No one has the right to enter your home and act like that whether you are a public figure or not.

Come to my house and act like that. I double dog dare you!
    Oh jeez. Okay: let’s have that conversation. It’s not Trump’s house. As president, he serves the people. All the people, including the people who didn’t vote for him.

That said, T.Lex, presuming that you’re speaking of Jim Accosta, he’s not as much a journalist as a grandstanding, **********. As the courts have ruled, it’s not so bad to kick out grandstanding **********s posing as journalists, but clear rules need to be established for proper conduct and where the line is that gets you banned from the press room.

To say this is anti-1st amendment is hyperbole. To equate the white house as a property in which the inhabitant can erect arbitrary rules is hyperbole. Those are where I would say are boundaries, inside which we could have a fruitful conversation, but outside those boundaries both sides just talk past each other.

So. The fruitful conversation within the boundaries... How long has Jim Accosta been s****** ****s for a living?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Patreon issues a statement on their removal of Sargon.

Regardless of how you feel about Sargon, it's still Orwellian. Like being banned from Twitter for something you said in real life, or banned from YouTube for something you said on Instagram.

You might recall the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) said earlier this year that payment processors like PayPal and Stripe are becoming “de facto internet censors”

Also, there's a lot of context lost in the reasoning Patreon gives here. He's sort of being Papa John'd, using the "n-word" without animus toward white-supremacists, turning their own argument against them. Patreon contradicts itself in its reasoning, not recognizing the (admittedly cringe) use of the word in his quotes.

I won't bend over backwards to defend Benjamin's quotes... this conversation was a point where I started to distance myself from promoting him... but I will recognize it wasn't racial, as his critics claimed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuqFzYzWwAA4S86.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That said, T.Lex, presuming that you’re speaking of Jim Accosta, he’s not as much a journalist as a grandstanding, **********. As the courts have ruled, it’s not so bad to kick out grandstanding **********s posing as journalists, but clear rules need to be established for proper conduct and where the line is that gets you banned from the press room.

Dude. Did you just use b-falc's post to decide what I was posting about? :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Patreon issues a statement on their removal of Sargon.

Regardless of how you feel about Sargon, it's still Orwellian. Like being banned from Twitter for something you said in real life, or banned from YouTube for something you said on Instagram.

You might recall the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) said earlier this year that payment processors like PayPal and Stripe are becoming “de facto internet censors”

Also, there's a lot of context lost in the reasoning Patreon gives here. He's sort of being Papa John'd, using the "n-word" without animus toward white-supremacists, turning their own argument against them. Patreon contradicts itself in its reasoning, not recognizing the (admittedly cringe) use of the word in his quotes.

I won't bend over backwards to defend Benjamin's quotes... this conversation was a point where I started to distance myself from promoting him... but I will recognize it wasn't racial, as his critics claimed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuqFzYzWwAA4S86.jpg:large

Perhaps the Papa Johns thing isn’t as appropos. I think that was at least a little that it was a corporate board’s coup d’état to oust Papa John because they did not have faith in his leadership. They exploited “social justice” to get rid of him. But, given their campaign to de-person him from the brand, it was also a little bit of social miscreant purging too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude. Did you just use b-falc's post to decide what I was posting about? :D
    I’m not aware of any other new Trumperbole regarding his anti-1A-ness. So I presumed it was the “journalist l” ********** you’re talking about.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is it odd that POTUS public butthurt about SNL and suggesting they should be taken to court doesn't even register anymore?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Whatever you like.

Jim Acosta is a dou***! CNN can assign anyone they want except him to the White House.

No one has the right to enter your home and act like that whether you are a public figure or not.

Come to my house and act like that. I double dog dare you!
    You can’t refuse a double dog!!!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    :)

That's not what I'm talking about. :)

I don't think I ever really expressed an opinion on that because... I don't really have one.

No, this is about the thin-skinned responses to SNL and falsely equivocating "defamation" and "belittling." The former can be a lawsuit. The latter is just obnoxious.

As proof of my efforts to find common ground with POTUS, though, I will agree without reservations or qualifications that SNL is not funny. Well, I've seen just enough over the last couple years to say that there's maybe a chortle every once in awhile from me, but more by accident on their part than anything scripted.
    Agreed. I’ve watched occasionally, most of the time it’s non funny “comedy”. The guys that do the news desk pieces can be pretty good, other than that...blah!
    and what’s up with their “musical” choices??

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Interesting info on what Patreon had to say to a concerned customer (13 min):

[video=youtube;Hv7hvZee-PQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7hvZee-PQ[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rubin on the Patreon article today.

Dave Rubin said:
    1. Title gives no context to why Sargon is anti-Feminist and implies he used speech in a racist way...he did not.

2. Someone should tell head of Patreon trust and safety that Sargon never said those word on their platform. The video in question wasn’t even on his own YouTube channel. (NY Times did not fact check or correct.)

3. I wish the writer would’ve reference my excellent use of prequel Yoda here!

Also, while I don’t mind being called libertarian, it’s interesting she inserts that instead of classical liberal...which I’ve spent the past four years taking about.

4. There is no mention of my interview with Patreon CEO Jack Conte, when he specifically said only “Manifest Observable Behavior” could get people banned. Yes, that acronym is MOB behavior. You can’t make this up.

5. There are several other omissions of confusions designed intentionally to frame the story instead of tell the story, but let’s not forget this is the same writer who did the “enforced monogamy” hit piece on Jordan in The NY Times already.

Probably will do video on this.

DvWQnqbXgAEozcH.jpg:small

DvWQ5kcXQAAc0BD.jpg:small

DvWRRL_WwAEG9Gb.jpg:small

Top Bottom