WTS: 1944 Springfield M1 Garand & Remington 1903 (not A3)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

FordBronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Hartsville
    Well, I do not want to do this but I need to make room in the safe for an M1A...

1944 Springfield M1 Garand serial number 3,285,xxx with SA-9-44 barrel, inside looks good. Rifle has mostly Springfield parts and I was told the parts are pretty well matched for September 1944. I would call this rifle restored as it has probably been through an arsenal before being retired to the private sector. Some parts look to have been reparked. A few small spots of pitting/rust are present, but nothing major. Bolt is D28287-12SA, S-B11 diamond. Curved side operating rod D35382-9-SA, follower assembly 12, triggerhousing is D28290-14-SA, hammer is C46008-7 SA. Safety is SA-11, Lockbar rear sight. Wood has lots of dings and dents, some gouges, handguards have some small cracks and repairs, could probably be cleaned up and most all the dents steamed out - which I will leave to the next owner. Butt stock has a light SA/GAW with ordinance wheel. Since I have several other M1 Garands I have never felt the need to put a clip in this one and shoot it. No reason to believe that it would not shoot just fine though. I can include a couple of clips with the M1.
    Asking price: 1944 M1 Garand - $800. [SOLD]

picture.php

picture.php

Remington 1903 (not A3) rifle serial number 3107XXX, with Remington (4-42) barrel. Stock has a "dove-tail" repair behind the receiver, but is otherwise solid with no additional repairs that I can located, does have dings though. The stock does not have any significant cartouches or marking except the letter "S" in the cutout for the cartridge selector and also an "S" and a "T T" on the bottom of the hand-grip portion of the stock. With a good cleaning and a little lite steam most of the dents will probably disappear. A lot of the metal components are a greenish tinge except the receiver which is more of a plum color. Stock has a rebuild number not matching the rifle and the bolt is numbered to another rifle serial number. I have several other '03-A3 rifles so I have never felt the need to put the ladder sight up (early one with the "volley notch") and shoot this one. No reason to believe that it would not shoot just fine though. Being that this is a Remington '03 there should be no issues with heat treatment like on the early Springfield rifles.

Recent measurements made with "Duff" gauges: ME=2 / TE=2

Received price: 1942 Rem'03 - $600. [SOLD]

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Close up of repair to the stock behind the reciever...

picture.php

Can supply more pictures as desired - just let me know.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom