• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Hey INGOER's, anybody know of any LGS that carry any 1911 triggers? Locally around indy area, thought i heard Elmores has 1911 parts in Greenwood. Wanted to know if any other shops have parts Thanks.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    You might want to call Allen at Diamond Collision. He does a lot of 1911 work and might have some trigger parts in his inventory.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Just a standard 3 hole long trigger looking to fit a better one for my RIA 9mm. It is looser than i care for, works fine just a tad sloppy.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Just a standard 3 hole long trigger looking to fit a better one for my RIA 9mm. It is looser than i care for, works fine just a tad sloppy.
    Churchmouse can tune your '69 Chevelle and your 1911.
    He has mine right now. :thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Is it loose in the frame as in sloppy in the grooves. If so go onto brownells and get a Wilson that has to be fit in the gun. Possibly the frame has an out of spec trigger groove. I have seen a few Island guns with spec issues like that.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Found one in my parts box i can not for the life of me remember what gun it came out of. May have been out of a Taurus 1911 that i gladly got rid of several years ago. it was so loose in that gun it rattled brand new out of the box. The only 1911 i ever owned that i parted with and glad to see it go lol. May try it but i am almost sure it will be worse.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Churchmouse, you may be right it has a lot of up and down movement at the finger pad, that is what i thought i would have to do is get an oversize and fit it to my gun. I will say this for a 400$ gun this thing has ran like a champ and very accurate the loose trigger is my only gripe with this gun. I also have a RIA Match 45 with the Bomar adj rear sight and Match barrel this thing is tight, trigger fit breaks clean good tight barrel lock up and very accurate. These are my only venture into island guns but have been lucky and got a couple of real good ones. They don't compare to my Springfield,Ruger, Smith, or my Sig 1911s but they sure are fun to shoot.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Is it loose in the frame as in sloppy in the grooves. If so go onto brownells and get a Wilson that has to be fit in the gun. Possibly the frame has an out of spec trigger groove. I have seen a few Island guns with spec issues like that.

I've had a couple of RIAs like that and CM had to change one out on my little commander a few months back. Specs on the P.I. guns have a lot to be desired.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Found one in my parts box i can not for the life of me remember what gun it came out of. May have been out of a Taurus 1911 that i gladly got rid of several years ago. it was so loose in that gun it rattled brand new out of the box. The only 1911 i ever owned that i parted with and glad to see it go lol. May try it but i am almost sure it will be worse.

You may find the trigger track out of speck. There are pieces available to rectify that. Just a good set of files and some patience.

Enjoy.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Churchmouse, i run 1/2 in fuel line from the fuel cell to the pump 3/8 to the carbs. Yes it keeps the bowls full it will pull 6,000 rpm although i try not to punish it like that. It is a 1966 375 hp motor i put a crane cam worked on the heads a little and believe it or not those are the original 11.0 to 1 pistons standard bore from 1966.

I built this engine in 1982 only thing has been changed since are the valve springs had a couple break. The engine still runs strong i only drag raced a few years at Muncie after breaking spider gears and axles in the GM 12 bolt i put a Moser spool and axles with the c clip eliminators, and a 456 gear. The car was a factory SS 396 with a 4spd i still run the 4spd which is a rarity these days at the drag strip all autos with trans brakes and delay boxes.

Auto trans in a 60s muscle car is just not right. My best time was 12.90 at 107mph not too bad for a basic stock engine and a full interior. In the process now of putting it back on the street, need exhaust, tires and wheels, and a stock fuel tank the 8 gallon cell wont go far. Sorry for the long post Churchmouse cars and guns are my real passion i can talk forever.

Churchmouse thanks for the intrest in my ole clunker i love the ole car i have had it since a year after i graduated high school in 1981 i am now almost 52 had the ole girl a long time.

Top Bottom