• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASMITH925

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Paragon
    I was thinking about buy one because ammo is cheap, if you can find it. Any and all comments would be appreciated on which one to buy. I have 800 to spend.

Last edited:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    What about a conversion kit for a 1911, assuming that you have a 1911. If not, maybe 2 birds, 1 stone. Good way to justify with the ol' lady as well.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a Springfield 1911 and purchased a Kimber conversion. Like it and it's good practice for handling the .45 without flinching. Shoot enough .22 through it and you don't even notice the .45.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    The Sig and GSG are supposedly the same, just finish differences. They had some of the Colt/Umarex at PSS when I was there late last week, but I've read they GSG and Sig are better. Like I said about on your thread Bradis' thread - I've read some not so good things about Colt's .22 1911s but personally have no experience. Colt seems to be selling their name on this product (not that Sig isn't too).

Avar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    I have the Sig and love it. The slide is real easy and it's been a fun gun for the entire family to shoot. I got my Sig for $365, that will leave you some extra cash for ammo, if you can find it!

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I have been thinking about this same option. I carry a 1911 so why not have one in 22. I think it would be a great training device and it would cut cost by a ton. I just haven't decided which one would be the best bang for the buck.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    I have a GSG 1911 and I've definitely noticed improvements in my shooting because of it. Very easy to train new shooters with as well, you should be able to pick one up from one of our local gun stores for around $330 before tax. Mine has at least 4000 rounds through it no problems and is surprisingly accurate.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    My son just bought the Sig 1911-22 and I got to say I am very taken with it. Easy slide and very accurate.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    No I don't already have a 1911 but that is a idea. Anybody know anything about the Colt 1911-22?

I've got one of them and it has been great. It is actually made by walther and basically the same internal parts as a p22. Not a completely true 1911 but shoots and feels just like one, has all the same safeties and stuff also

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Careful with Sig's. I absolutely love Sigs (own many and carry one), but some aren't theirs that they slap their name on. The Sig Mosquito is not actually a Sig. It has been notorious for problems. Similar to the problems with the Sig's .22lr conversion slide for their pistols, the Mosquito tends to only work well with higher velocity rounds. I think it has something to do with having enough power to cycle it. I find this ironic since a lot of the mosquitos come with threaded barrels. Forget about running subsonic in it. With that being said, the other "Sig" that they don't make is the 1911-22. Looks and operates just like a 1911, it is made my GSG and Sig slaps their name on it. My dad has one of these and it's actually a pretty good gun. Seems to be very flexible on ammunition.

MY recommendation to you is this: Ruger 22/45 LITE. It has a fantastic track record. It's super light. Has the same feel and grip angle of a 1911 which most people love. It comes with a factory threaded barrel and thread protector. Even if you aren't planning on suppressing it, I suggest to get the threaded barrel. One day you will be at the range and get to shoot someone's suppressed .22lr pistol and think wow, this is so much fun maybe I should look into suppressors =) Trust me it'll happen haha. This is an excellent gun and reliable and cheap. 400 bucks or less will get you one brand new.

I'm currently in the process of making a custom 10/22 and it's becoming quite the project. Keep finding things I want for it, and just purchased a suppressor recently for it (long wait ahead). Once it's finished I plan on getting a 22/45 with the same thread so I can change out the suppressor for either gun.

Good luck on the hunt! It's half the fun ;)

Top Bottom