• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    How would those who've attended both the 1500 and Louisville National Gun Day show compare the two primarily in regard to selection and pricing? I live in the extreme south and have attended several NGDs but not yet a 1500.

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    I have attended both and enjoy both immensely!! My impressions are that NGD is usually split into 3 areas: high end shotguns/rolling block rifles (guns that don't really interest me and I can't afford); War memorabelia (French and Indian up to Vietnam); Modern firearms, ammo, knives and accessories. These are split about equally. At the 1500, you don't see very many of the high end shotguns, or the War memorabelia, unfortunately, you do see more airsoft/sunglasses/cheap flashlight areas (This is not knocking the Streamlight and Surefire people that show up...great tables!!!)

I would attend both and decide for yourself....I think it depends on your interests!!

Monster Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Stick with the NGD Show in Louisville, and forget the 1500 if you want to see collector grade and a broad selection in a nice facility. If you want AR parts then maybe the 1500 is for you. As for me, I stopped going to the 1500 and now go to OGCA shows, NGD Louisville and Wanamacher's Show in Tulsa.......now Tulsa is the place to !

Top Bottom