• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only thing signing this petition will do is to get your name on a list. Later on, you will be awakened in the middle of the night by the gestapo (DHS) and hustled off to prison. Signing petitions didn't get any ground with King George or Lincoln and it will certainly not get any with B.O.
    What do you think commenting in a thread on a gun forum will do when whitehouse.gov sees the thread in the referrer field to access to such a petition?

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    But how many of those other states that went red in the presidential race also went red in their Congressional races? In their state house races? In their gubernatorial races? We all know that Indiana "went red" again and is also so thoroughly red at the state level, but how many other states are in a similar red/blue political circumstance, nevermind our fiscal solvency.

You make a good point. To me though, it's never been about red versus blue. I have never looked at someone specifically because of them being a Republican or a Democrat. I look at the person's views and what they plan on changing before deciding who I want to support.

I don't think most states are going to be specifically red or blue. Most states probably have a decent mix of Republicans and Democrats currently in office.

The whole secession dream is going to be very short lived, or come to a quick fruition. B.O. is going to either shut it down very quickly, or he'll allow it to happen because he technically does want to destroy this country. Considering how he keeps extending the deadline to keep our troops overseas and the amount of soldiers here limited, I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to make the country more vulnerable. It's very hard to say...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    If I remember my history correctly, succession did not end well the last time it was tried.

Also, to put it in perspective - even if ONLY Indiana residents signed the petition (unlikely) - 25,000 signatures would be less than 0.004% of Indiana's population of 6.5M people. Glancing at the petition shows that the majority of signatures do not seem to come from Indiana, and when you take into account the US population of 311M - 25,000 signatures is pretty much a joke.

Expecting the response to be more than a laugh and well written "Nah" will likely leave you disappointed.

Take a look at the responses issued to other petitions....

Last edited:

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    What do you think commenting in a thread on a gun forum will do when whitehouse.gov sees the thread in the referrer field to access to such a petition?
    Doesn't bother me. I'm already on a list or two up there anyway just being a member of this board.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You make a good point. To me though, it's never been about red versus blue. I have never looked at someone specifically because of them being a Republican or a Democrat. I look at the person's views and what they plan on changing before deciding who I want to support.

I don't think most states are going to be specifically red or blue. Most states probably have a decent mix of Republicans and Democrats currently in office.

The whole secession dream is going to be very short lived, or come to a quick fruition. B.O. is going to either shut it down very quickly, or he'll allow it to happen because he technically does want to destroy this country. Considering how he keeps extending the deadline to keep our troops overseas and the amount of soldiers here limited, I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to make the country more vulnerable. It's very hard to say...

Look at this map by county, even Illinois is a red State except for a few heavily populated counties

picture.php

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Look at this map by county, even Illinois is a red State except for a few heavily populated counties

picture.php

You also need to take population density into account, so the areas need to be weighted. (As I recall, it's something like an isoplethic map?)

What the above does show is that Democrat strength is largely coastal and urban, which we already knew.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You also need to take population density into account, so the areas need to be weighted. (As I recall, it's something like an isoplethic map?)

What the above does show is that Democrat strength is largely coastal and urban, which we already knew.
    Agreed. It just shows how unequal the electoral system is, IMO.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    All federal properties in the state would immediately revert to state ownership.

I'm assuming you mean after all of the cake and confetti settled from the amicable separation parties held after Obama gleefully signed the Union Release Bill passed by a supermajority of both houses?

Otherwise, I seem to remember there being some small dispute dispute about a place called Sumter once...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Are we seeing the early stages of what happened in that land that used to be known as the Soviet Union? I really hope not.

Talking about democrat strongholds, if you remove Chicago from Illinois, Cleveland from Ohio, and Philadelphia from Pennsylvania those states would have gone to Romney. Densely populated areas favor the democrats for some reason.

Linc8301

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If this did happen, Indiana would be screwed, because the United States would no long have to help us with anything. If that was the case, Indianas government would be screwed and then people would be complaining about that.

Top Bottom