• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Great shotgun!! I have a lightweight 1100 in 20 gauge with black synthetic stock. Love it, my favorite gun for bunnies. What kind of help are you looking for? What questions do you have? I will do my best to help if I can.

NightCrawler101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    NE indy
    1100 20ga

There is an English style straight stock 1100 20ga n the classified section. Not sure if that's what you are looking for but it sure is pretty.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I picked up a nice little Remington 1100 LT-20 a year or so ago from a guy on hoosiertopics for $400. I got it for my wife to shoot but I find myself using it more than she does.:)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    There are 3 types of Rem 1100 20 gauges.
    The old ones were on full size frames, just say "1100" on them. The bbl has a step down ahead of receiver.

Then they made a small frame called the LW. It has a short tang on the bbl.

They then came out with the LT. It is the current model. has long tang.

There was a Special Field version, in 12 and LT20. It came with a 21" bbl, later they had Remchokes, and the last versions had 23" bbls with Remchokes. They have the "English" stock.

Note that the short Special Field bbls will work on other 1100's of receiver type and
    gauge, but that 870 Specials will not interchange with other 870's. Both 1100/870 Special Fields have a shortened magazine to help with different balance. On an 1100 the bbl is retained by the forend, which is then retained by the mag cap. On an 870 the mag cap retains the bbl by bearing directly on the bbl ring.

Some folks think the "Sam Walton" 1100 specials are "Special Fields" and they are not.
    They have the buttstock and bbl, but full length mag tubes and forends.

Top Bottom