• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Owls are super awesome. It always amazes me how silent they are. I think I'd have to change my pants if one was coming at my face like that!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The last thing that squirrel ever saw. ;)

As I have said many times before, birds of prey are nature's jet fighters (or in the case of owls, stealth fighters); I love the deployment of the "flaps and gear" at the end...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That was really cool!

Owls are such beautiful creatures.

I was driving home late one night in high school and hit one with my SUV...It was sleeping in the middle of the road (I'm guessing) and before I saw it, it was too late. About 10 feet from impact, it's head swiveled around and looked right at me. It went for a liftoff, but only made it to my bumper and just rolled over the top of my car, covering my entire windshield with it's wings. I stopped, got out and made sure it wasn't suffering, but it (luckily) died on impact. It wasn't my fault, but I felt bad afterward.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That was really cool!

Owls are such beautiful creatures.

I was driving home late one night in high school and hit one with my SUV...It was sleeping in the middle of the road (I'm guessing) and before I saw it, it was too late. About 10 feet from impact, it's head swiveled around and looked right at me. It went for a liftoff, but only made it to my bumper and just rolled over the top of my car, covering my entire windshield with it's wings. I stopped, got out and made sure it wasn't suffering, but it (luckily) died on impact. It wasn't my fault, but I felt bad afterward.

Did you take it to the taxidermist?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    great vid. neat flare.

something else, less dynamic: BBC News - Owl leaves imprint on Kendal woman's window

_54014991_012428936-1.jpg

Owlch!!!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    great vid. neat flare.

something else, less dynamic: BBC News - Owl leaves imprint on Kendal woman's window

We see a lot of imprints like that in the spring at my office at work. Not from owls, but usually from smaller birds that don't see the window. I've watched more than one fly in full speed and "Whack." Most survive, but some don't. Doves for whatever reason seem to be less likely to survive. We usually find them on the sidewalk just below the windows.

Cardinals on the other hand seem to be fine after shaking off the cobwebs.

Top Bottom