• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    Found a neat video about a guy who created a 10 round capacity magazine for a Mosin Nagant.

""The Mosin mag requires NO GUNSMITHING whatsoever (actually it doesn't even require TOOLS of any kind) and does not change the rifle's original configuration in any way.
    You simply remove the factory magazine floorplate and replace it with my mag extension to increase your payload from 5 to 10 rounds.
    The magazine secures to the rifle using the original mounting points for the floorplate and clicks into place using the original floorplate spring/catch.""

Datamancer.net - Technical Art and Steampunk Contraptions

Enjoy

Last edited:

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i heard about this several months ago from a buddy. i cant wait for him to get everything patented and ready for production so i can slap one on my 91/30

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would hope, that the finished product doesn't require you to shake the spent casing out of the rifle. If I want to do that, I'll just run some mini-shells through my Winchester 1300 :):

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    If I remember correctly. I first saw and heard of this guys idea and prototype about this time last year (on Gunboards forum). Maybe he's just ironing some problems out. Don't know.

Neat.. yes.
    Need.. no.
    Want.. probably not.

I hope he gets to make a little money off a product though.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Something about taking a rifle I bought for simplicity, and adding slightly increased complexity with the rimmed cartridges in loading to gain 5 more rounds? Having to add MORE attention to rim placement when loading to prevent it locking up (something that happens to me sometimes)?

Ash hit it dead on: Neat? yeah. Need? naw. Now, come up with an American company that cranks out 7.62x54r brass by the thousands, now you have my attention. Handloading really makes those mosins shine!

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    Something about taking a rifle I bought for simplicity, and adding slightly increased complexity with the rimmed cartridges in loading to gain 5 more rounds? Having to add MORE attention to rim placement when loading to prevent it locking up (something that happens to me sometimes)?

Ash hit it dead on: Neat? yeah. Need? naw. Now, come up with an American company that cranks out 7.62x54r brass by the thousands, now you have my attention. Handloading really makes those mosins shine!

It doesn't have to make sense to modify a gun? Look at the AR, some guys would strap a commode to one if there was a kit for it.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Clearly the guy has funding issues. I doubt anyone would bash their own walls that way. Clearly, that is a rental home.

Top Bottom