• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Don't know about the ar-7 mods, but did see a show with Les Stroud, aka survivorman. He made a standard .22 rifle much more "survival" focused by drilling holes under the butt plate to hold extra ammo and other needs. Pretty interesting idea.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Closest thing, I believe was the Butler Creek Packer Take down stock.
    Discontinued however...
    They still pop up from time to time on eBay and Gunbroker-
    Otherwise another great option would be the Marlin Papoose!
    Here is the BC-

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    ATI "Strikeforce" side folding stock might be another option. It's nice, quality stuff. I'm building one up today and will try to post some pic's.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Closest thing I can think of for a 10/22 that's currently out there might be putting a Butler Creek folder on a Compact model 10/22. It wouldn't make for quite as small a package as an AR-7 or Papoose, but it'd do IMO. You could get a 16" barrel for your existing 10/22 and do the same.

Personally, I picked up a nice Norinco Browning ATD copy very cheaply, fixed a broken extractor (the Browning part dropped right in), had a Lyman 66 receiver sight installed and replaced the stock open rear with a Marbles folding leaf. It makes for a pretty small package, taken down in a Galati padded case and shoots rings around every AR-7 I've ever owned. Functions a lot better, too.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    It does look like a great idea, doesn't it? Don't know exactly why it didn't fly, but they only made them for a couple of years. Might've had something to do with cost that kept the sales volume lower than they would've liked, or perhaps there was some glitch in the concept itself that showed up with field use and caused problems.

Butler Creek seems to bring out new products and suddenly discontinue them a lot. I bought one of their "Light Varminter" outfits from Cabela's and put it on one of my 10/22's. It works wonderfully; substantially lighter and much better balanced than any steel 0.920" rig I've used and every bit as accurate with its preferred loads. It went away after less than two years.

The most likely answer I can think of is that if a product doesn't meet or exceed their desired sales volume figure within a very short time, it's history.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Volquartzen makes one...of course at 1500.00 bucks it is a bit pricey (and no, that price does not include the ACOG)... :dunno:

320-fusion-broke-down.jpg

239-fusion-w-trijicon-acog.jpg

Top Bottom