• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    This past Sunday night I finished moving into my new home on the Southside of Indianapolis and went out to have a late night dinner with the girlfriend at midnight. We went to the Steak & Shake on Southport Rd and I-65 (West side of the bridge.) I'm OCing my Glock 19 in a leather pancake holster per usual and the waitress noticed it right away. She grabbed two menus and asked me what I was carrying. I replied and she said "good choice!" then I asked if she carries and she said that she does when not working.

So, right at the start of our dinner we were feeling really good about everything and our waitress being gun friendly really topped off the night for us when she brought out the check. She sat the check on the table and said "if you carry a firearm in my restaurant and don't shoot it up I'll take care of you." We looked at the check and our $25.00 dinner just got turned into $7.00.

I just want everyone to know about this and say that, if you get the chance, stop by that restaurant in the late evening and tip 'em well. :thumbsup:

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    This past Sunday night I finished moving into my new home on the Southside of Indianapolis and went out to have a late night dinner with the girlfriend at midnight. We went to the Steak & Shake on Southport Rd and I-65 (West side of the bridge.) I'm OCing my Glock 19 in a leather pancake holster per usual and the waitress noticed it right away. She grabbed two menus and asked me what I was carrying. I replied and she said "good choice!" then I asked if she carries and she said that she does when not working.

So, right at the start of our dinner we were feeling really good about everything and our waitress being gun friendly really topped off the night for us when she brought out the check. She sat the check on the table and said "if you carry a firearm in my restaurant and don't shoot it up I'll take care of you." We looked at the check and our $25.00 dinner just got turned into $7.00.

I just want everyone to know about this and say that, if you get the chance, stop by that restaurant in the late evening and tip 'em well. :thumbsup:
    Wow! This is CRAZY cool! Was it the manager who served you? Or was it a standard waitress?

Well, that wouldn't have happened if you were CCing

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd be careful here. Don't give any names, you could get her in trouble. She may not have been "authorized" to cut you such a deal.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I hope you left a great tip!
    I've been there several times, always good service, and never a concern about o.c.!

But I didn't get the noshootemup discount.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Kind of reminding me of...

When I went to meet Glennster -04/15/11 (On INGO) way up north of 'Busco'.
    We did a deal on a couple of long guns, and then had Brunch at a small diner there.
    The waitress was very friendly (AND BIG) to The Glennster..I'm almost sure that he "Hooked Up" with her later?? HA HA...Bill.

Last edited:

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    If its who I am thinking of, then yes she does have the authority to make that kind of deal. Shes also married and her husband can out shoot most of the people I know.

Sorry to leave disappointing news.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I can walk to that S-n-S in decent weather. Yes, it is very gun friendly. Same with the Bob Evans next to it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom