• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    OK, so Friday the 20th of July i returned home, from Cincinnati, from my full time job working construction. I went to pick up some blades for my part time job at my gf's cousin's house.
    On the return to the shop i had a GMC Jimmy slam on its brakes and cut the wheel into the ditch, i had to take action to avoid the vehicle and bumped the horn to let him know i was displeased with his driving. Well apparently this enraged the man as he started following me, swerving all over the road, accelerating trying to hit the truck, driving on the wrong side of the road etc. This went on for almost 10 miles.
    I realized i needed to get to a place with witnesses/police. At one point on Banta and Madison he stepped out of his vehicle and started coming up the side of the truck, I had hand on my pistol which was resting on my lap, the light changed so i left the man standing in the road. At this point he got in his vehicle and proceeded to follow after me and was still trying to hit the truck and was yelling out the window. I could smell the alcohol on him as we were going down the road. I turned onto Southport Rd thinking of the police station on Derbyshire.
    I saw an off duty Southport PD(didnt catch the name but thank you)officer sitting in traffic so i stopped the truck and informed the officer what the guy was doing. He stopped the guy and i drove over to the Southport PD station to let the situation diffuse. Well this guy takes off and the chase is on. I was going to go on about my day when i heard all of the sirens.
    I returned to the area i had seen them
    going and there he was cuffed on the ground on Southport and Sherman. I gave my statement as to what had happened. Gave thanks and received thanks. This guy received at least 2 felony charges, DUI and didnt have a license. I was prepared to defend myself if the situation didn't get resolved, and asked them to tell this guy when he sobered up that he was almost shot. In all i saw 11 squad cars that responded to the off duty officers call. So thanks to you IMPD and Southport PD officers.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The important question, though, is if you brought any goetta or Graeter's ice cream back from Cincinnati. Maybe that's what the guy was after! ;)

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Every day is a slow day in Southport, there is seldom anyone at the police station

I grew up in Southport and the reason there usually isn't anyone in the police station is because they are usually sitting along Southport Road, McFarland Road, or Stop 11 with their radar.

It's a nice place to raise kids because not much happens there.

Top Bottom