• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, I saw the lights in my rear view and, actually, wondered what I had done. I pulled over and placed my hands on the steering wheel. When the officer came up to my window I told him the window doesn't work and he gave me the OK to open my door. He then said he had pulled me over for expired plates. I said, OH, I forgot. Next he said, Are you carrying? To which I replied, Yes Sir. (he had spotted my spare mags) I reached over to my glove box and retrieved my extension and handed it to him. He told me to tape it in my rear window so I would not be pulled over again. He said have a nice day and I said the same. End of story.

I wish I had gotten his name and badge number so I could have sent a letter to his chief lauding his professionalism.:yesway:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Boy when they find out he didn't go all JBT on you that poor guy is in for trouble!!!!:laugh:

Exactly, he endangered his life and the rest of the free world for not taking your gun, running the serial number, taking the ammo out of the mags and throwing everything in the back seat, and advising you not to load it until he's gone. Instead he chose to do his job in a professional community oriented manner, the nerve.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Shame a thread complimenting an officer spiralled to cop bashing that quickly. Backhandedly, but still.

At any rate, good for him. There's a time and a place for both kinds of stops, glad he chose well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Shame a thread complimenting an officer spiralled to cop bashing that quickly. Backhandedly, but still.

At any rate, good for him. There's a time and a place for both kinds of stops, glad he chose well.

There's been no cop bashing whatsoever, backhanded or otherwise.

As far as how I respect the current political climate and those who administer it, let those pieces fall where they may.

Last edited:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Exactly, he endangered his life and the rest of the free world for not taking your gun, running the serial number, taking the ammo out of the mags and throwing everything in the back seat, and advising you not to load it until he's gone. Instead he chose to do his job in a professional community oriented manner, the nerve.

Wonder how it would go down if it were an 80% gun with no serial number to run? It could upset the whole balance of keeping the world safe.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

It seems everybody acknowledged the Officer did well, not sure where the cop bashing was? What's the appropriate time and place for the harassment version of the same stop?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    • I was pulled over today for expired plates and the officer noticed my spare magazines on my belt and asked if I was carrying, to which I responded, Yes Sir. I retrieved my extension from the glove box and handed it and my license to him. He looked them over and suggested I tape the extension in my rear window. He handed them back and wished me Good Day. I wished him Good Day and drove on.
      I am sorry I didn't get his name or badge number so that i could commend his professionalism, so this is the best I can do.
      thank you for superior service.

[*=center]April 27

• 4/27, 9:14am

Highland Police DepartmentThank you for your compliment it is appreciated

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    That's just good stuff! When I was a reserve I was in a small town (Summitville) where everyone carried so it was normal for me. Now I live in another small town (Modoc) where you hardly ever see it and we don't even have a local pd! How backwards? Great job on both the officer and the driver!

Top Bottom