• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I have an FNAR that I have refinished. The forearm has 3 rails mounted to it. The rails attach to the forearm with a screw and helicoils. Some of the helicoils came out so now I can't get the rails back on. I have tried two sizes of metric helicoils, none fit. I can't get FN to call me back so I can either order some or let me know what size to get. The gun is finished I just have to remount the rails. Frustrating.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I think the threads are M5x.08.
    I've had similar problems getting thru to their customer service people in the past but once I did they took care of me. However FN blows when it comes to ordering spare parts alot of the time. It's impossible to get some things, like M249 parts.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm surprised by that. I frequent the FN forums. From what I have read, everyone has had great luck with their customer service. I have two of their pistols, but I have not had to deal with them. So I have no personal experience.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm sorry you are having issues.

I know this won't help your situation, but it may make you feel a LITTLE better...

The FN customer support team was changing offices not too long ago so there may be some delay/interrupt in their service. I'm not saying they shouldn't get back to you, I'm just offering some information that I got from a guy that works in CS.

I have a personal email of one of the FNH CS guys if you want it, he was VERY cool to me and my wife. PM me if you want it, I don't want to just post it on the boards.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I think the threads are M5x.08.
    I've had similar problems getting thru to their customer service people in the past but once I did they took care of me. However FN blows when it comes to ordering spare parts alot of the time. It's impossible to get some things, like M249 parts.

The first size I tried was an M4 x.07. The internal thread seemd ok but the external diameter was too big.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Now they want me to send the entire gun to them to replace the forearm...free of charge. That means I'd have to refinish the forearm AGAIN plus wait 6-8 weeks for them to send it back. WHY CAN'T I JUST GET A FRIGGIN HELICOIL????

:bs:

Top Bottom