• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Finally had a chance to stop by the Brownsburg Police Department to complete my Utah CCW fingerprint card. Talk about quick and easy! In and out in under 10 minutes, including me filling out the top of the card.

They have the new electronic finger print scanners. They can scan your prints (No ink!), and then print them directly onto the card. Pretty slick. Its also FREE if you live in the area. I know some precincts charge a couple of bucks.

Now to slap some postage on my CCW application and wait my 60 days (or less).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    With you having done the prints electronically, you MIGHT still be able to do the L-1 thing and get your LTCH back in days rather than weeks. Check and see if there's an L-1 office in your area. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    With you having done the prints electronically, you MIGHT still be able to do the L-1 thing and get your LTCH back in days rather than weeks. Check and see if there's an L-1 office in your area. :)

Blessings,
    Bill
    Yep. Hendricks County is now doing the whole L1 thing. It was good old paper when I got mine a while back.

I think Utah is still paper, though.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What is the purpose of getting a Utah permit?
    It is recognized by more states than Indiana's (33 state's total between the two). I don't recall the list off-hand, but Ohio and Minnesota are included with Utah.

Another option is the Florida non-resident CCW. It gets many of the same states, but not Minnesota.

Here is a link that discusses both (lots of links on this site):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-looks_like_fl_ccw_is_better_than_ut_ccw.html

edit: I fish up in Minnesota now and then, so that's why I went with Utah's permit.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Also, Utah has a nice permit, it has your picture on it (and it comes laminated), one thing Indiana officers wish ours had. I got it primarily because it's recognized in Ohio, where I travel frequently, Indiana is not.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Hey on the FL license. Do you have to get their packet mailed to you or can I just down load that off the web?

Also does any know the charge for the L-1 scans? I would have it done in
    Anderson, IN. So they give you the card to send back?

Thanks for the help guys!

I going for the FL due to already having the training part taken care of! I can get the old style prints done for free. Suggestions?

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    For whatever it is worth, I contacted L1 about the Florida permit and was told that the service was not available for that state yet. I had prints taken at Hendricks Co. Sheriff and mailed application packet in the old fashioned way. Hope this helps.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    It is recognized by more states than Indiana's (33 state's total between the two). I don't recall the list off-hand, but Ohio and Minnesota are included with Utah.

Another option is the Florida non-resident CCW. It gets many of the same states, but not Minnesota.

Here is a link that discusses both (lots of links on this site):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-looks_like_fl_ccw_is_better_than_ut_ccw.html

edit: I fish up in Minnesota now and then, so that's why I went with Utah's permit.

It goes to show you can learn new stuff everyday. I had never heard of this.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Also, Utah has a nice permit, it has your picture on it (and it comes laminated), one thing Indiana officers wish ours had. I got it primarily because it's recognized in Ohio, where I travel frequently, Indiana is not.

I can attest to this, they are really purdy......Mine came in the mail today:rockwoot:

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    To Anderson, IN - I can't send pm yet - not enough posts. In response to your message, I had two copies mailed to me (figured I would probably screw one up) but from what I understand downloading the form works as well. My check cleared in 8 days so I know that it is in process. They give you a tracking # so that you can check on progress. Good Luck.

Top Bottom