• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    While this thread isn't directly associated to Black Owl Customs, it has to do with the owner. And since I can post in the private sales forum, this is where it'll have to go.

tyler34 started a group buy for some jackets on 10-17-2011. Quite a few of us signed up to participate, and most if not all of us sent money. The thread wasn't updated for nearly a month on order status (or PMs replied to), and only then was it updated because a mod got involved. tyler34 then responded to the thread saying he was placing the orderhttps://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/tyler34.html on (about) 11-25-2011. This calmed things down a bit, and buyers were put at ease. Now three (3) weeks later, 12-16-2011, a mod (not even tyler himself) posted in the thread that the buy wasn't going to happen, and that refunds would be issued.

I am waiting on my refund, and will post if/when it comes through, but as of right now I couldn't in my right mind, suggest dealing with this person/retailer at all.

This is a BIG -1 to tyler34. Site supporter or not, customers and/or group buy partners need to be treated better than this.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I appreciate your disappointment in the failure of this transaction and I admit I haven't followed that thread since I looked at it and decided I didn't want one of these jackets.

So why am I responding to your post? :dunno: Because I know Tyler34 and know what type a guy he is. There have been extenuating circumstances which he could not control that have kept him from INGO and placing this order.

Please consider how you would feel if your best friend said they were going to do something and then out of no where something happened that kept them from fulfilling that promise. Would you be so upset or would you be understanding and forgiving?

I'm not trying to belittle your feelings of frustration and betrayal, and I'm sure knowing the reason why would help too. All I'm asking for is a little compassion and patience for someone I know never wanted this to end this way.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    If there were reasons as to why he couldn't fulfill the group buy he has two very obvious options.

1. Don't start the group buy in the first place. If there is ANY doubt in your mind that you wouldn't be able to follow through, then don't start and and ESPECIALLY don't take people's money.

2. RESPOND. I would have been a lot more understanding if he responded to PMs or posts in the thread, but he did neither. He chose to ONLY respond to Que, and only posted a couple times in the thread to appease us, the buyers.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I know nothing of this, aclark, but I'm going to offer an answer to your last and a comment. The comment is that tyler34 is not a mod. He is a site advertiser, but not a mod. This only has bearing on the fact that you referred to him in the sentence, "...a mod (not even tyler34 himself!)..." and nothing else.
    The reply is that sometimes, stuff happens that you cannot expect. From what I know of Tyler, he is a man of his word and if he said he would do something and didn't, it means something happened that made it impossible. As to why he said nothing on here, did you not see that Rayne posted that something had kept him from INGO?

All I'm saying, and again, this is with no knowledge of any info other than from this thread, is cut the guy some slack. For all you know, God forbid, he might be in the hospital or something along those lines. If he talked to Que, perhaps it was by phone.

I might be wrong about all of this. I'll grant that possibility, but then, I'm not judging anyone either, certainly not without facts.

Tyler, if you want to respond, pm a mod. I'm closing this to avoid pile-ons.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom