• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Might i recommend you get the M1101/m1102. You'll get 2 parking brakes, surge brakes, 37" tires for a steal of a price. You should be able to find one for around 900-1200 on C-list. Both are all aluminum trailers that are super robust and light. The M1102 should have All LED lights so all you'll need to do is make an adapter to the plug. I can send you a schematic and where to pick up parts if you'd like. If you get the M1101 and it has halogen lights, you can still run them at 12v it will just be dim. I recommend swapping out the rears with Grote or Trucklite LEDs. You can find those on EBay all day long. If you need any help regarding any of that, let me know. Another option is to check out govliquidation.com and bid on one. You should be able to snag one for around $500+/- depending on how many they have at the moment. When you go to try out the trailer, bring a laser temp gun. Pull the thing around for a bit then point the temp gun at the wheels and look for discrepancies the only issue that seems to pop up from time to time is in the bearings from all the sand and what not. If you have a really hot wheel you may need a new bearing or a repack.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Here are a few listed here in Indy.

Search Results - Government Liquidation

The bid starts at $25.00. You can set up an account and get the ball rolling. There are only a couple of guys who really bid on these things so it shouldn't jump up too much. Once you do that you'll need a pintle hitch and riser for your truck. The trailers are high so unless you're lifted you'll need one of these…I'd just order it now if you're planning on buying a trailer anyways.

IMG_69441.jpg

After that, email the place that you plan on picking your trailer up from prior to bidding. They'll let you hook up to all the ones they have and drag them around the lot. Get a laser temp gun and hit the wheels. You're looking for any significant discrepancies between the two wheels or both being extremely hot. You're options on the trailers are M1101 or M1102. Most of the M1102s should be all LED's however you never know what gets installed over time. The M1101's should be all halogen but again you never know if they kept that going once bulbs burned out. If you can get the M1102 (or whichever one for sale has LED TURN SIGNALS) as this will save you a couple hundred as they also work on a 12v system and look really cool. The holy grail of trailers would be one with an Amtech hardtop, but they fetch a high price and are extremely rare.

29b18dae.jpg

Since you want to make a camper, another option is the S250 shelter. You can mount that directly ontop of the M1101/02

20140608_132325_000.jpg

Or get a custom top built

90fd876bba45419b70897800b238394b.jpg

Once you get your trailer or going to pick it up, feel free to PM me and I run you through the wiring schematic. They sell Mil/Civ trailer adapters on Ebay, but you can make one even easier and WAY cheaper.

Top Bottom