‘This isn’t working’: Head of ISP calls for complete review of Marion County judicial system

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    now if we can just get rid of the different speed for semi's b/s.
    At least for sections of road with only 2 lanes. Nothing more infuriating than a governed truck trying to pass another governed truck and it takes 10 minutes to pass.
    I am WITH you on that. The increase in speeds on I465 doesn't seem to detrimental to others' safety.
    Yep. I'm going to go out on a limb and say most every accident on 465 is either reckless driving or face in a phone. NOT due to speeds.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Who said the Troopers traveled a mile at 140mph? They terminated and found the crash at a later time. They arrived to the crash scene at a more normal speed. They were not still chasing at that point and did not witness the crash.

100% of the blame lies with the fleeing driver. At ANY TIME, he could have slowed or stopped. He CHOSE to accelerate. If the Troppers had hit an innocent, then YES, they are are the hook. But it was the CRIMINAL who was reckless. Did the Troopers not clear intersections? Did they force other drivers off the road? How far away were the Troopers behind the fleeing driver?

Troopers traveled a mile at 140? No, Troopers called off the pursuit and L-G continued on at 140 for one mile, that takes 25 seconds, not 3 minutes. See p.c. affidavit.

Chasing someone going 140 is reckless on the part of the police, likely civil, but QI will be difficult.

"Next, I viewed Trp. Munn’s dashcam and bodycam. Trp. Munn’s dashcam and bodycam document the vehicle pursuit. The highest speed Trp. Munn verified was approximately 140mph."

Yes, L-G is metaphycially to blame. L-G driving 140 is reckless, but not intentional, thus MCPA ONLY FILED F3s. L-G paid the scheduled bond. It was more than $1,000.

Carter lied. ISP should re-think its pursuit policy that resulted in dead bodies here. Carter should stop deflecting and blaming others for what he permitted.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Troopers traveled a mile at 140? No, Troopers called off the pursuit and L-G continued on at 140 for one mile, that takes 25 seconds, not 3 minutes. See p.c. affidavit.

Chasing someone going 140 is reckless on the part of the police, likely civil, but QI will be difficult.

"Next, I viewed Trp. Munn’s dashcam and bodycam. Trp. Munn’s dashcam and bodycam document the vehicle pursuit. The highest speed Trp. Munn verified was approximately 140mph."

Yes, L-G is metaphycially to blame. L-G driving 140 is reckless, but not intentional, thus MCPA ONLY FILED F3s. L-G paid the scheduled bond. It was more than $1,000.

Carter lied. ISP should re-think its pursuit policy that resulted in dead bodies here. Carter should stop deflecting and blaming others for what he permitted.
    You are assuming the **** stick drove from where they stopped pursuit to the accident site. Assumptions will bite you in the ass especially when you start calling people liars. How do you know the ****er didn’t drive around the intersection “evading” and then crashed?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You are assuming the **** stick drove from where they stopped pursuit to the accident site. Assumptions will bite you in the ass especially when you start calling people liars. How do you know the ****er didn’t drive around the intersection “evading” and then crashed?
    I see no indication of that in the F3 case or the MC case PC affidavit. I guess he could have but I would think ISP would have told Court that. Possible but I do not see that based on what was submitted.

Guess we will wait for the release of the video (PC affidavit just shows still shots)

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, looky here!

MCPA DID FILE a motion to raise the bond on the MC and requested 80,000K surety (so 8K). Standard bond is 30K surety.

Denied and made 1K cash and 50K surety (so 6K).

Dougie is all butt hurt over 2K. BWAHAHAHAHA.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I see no indication of that in the F3 case or the MC case PC affidavit. I guess he could have but I would think ISP would have told Court that. Possible but I do not see that based on what was submitted.

Guess we will wait for the release of the video (PC affidavit just shows still shots)
    So you have no idea, it's possible (and probably likely) but you are sure the officers are lying. Got it.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    The State of Indiana's court filings as evidence. (Granted it may all be nonsense, but I have no other information other than what Indiana State Trooper Brandon Fletcher signed under oath)

I am reading the affidavit of probable cause (page 3) which says the pursuit was terminated less than a mile from the crash, which if the state cops got him up to 140MPH then that is a lot less than 3 minutes (1st calls were 3 minutes). 2 math classes and a stats class in economics in undergrad says that is 25 seconds to cover a mile at 140MP.

Here is Page 3 for anyone that cannot read the PC affidavit:

Trp. Munn terminated the pursuit at the intersection of E 10th Street and German Church Road, which is approximately one mile East of the crash.

The cops chased him up to 140 in the streets of Indianapolis. 25 seconds after the cops broke pursuit, he crashed.

Chasing someone through Indianapolis and pushing them up to 140 is GTA, and I am not saying that simply because I have family there. It is objectively reckless and they let Vitamin T get the better of them. Carter knows this and is blaming others for what his officers did.
    So, I'm going to call BS.

I've also looked at the affidavit. The troopers halted the pursuit and DE-ACTIVATED their lights when the scumbag flew through a red light at 10th and German Chrurch road.

They, Trooper Munn driving, stopped at the red light scumbag just flew through.

The dashcam and Trp. Munn’s bodycam confirm the pursuit was terminated at the intersection E10th Street and German Church Road. As Trp. Munn states he is terminating the pursuit, he is seen deactivating his emergency lights and stopping for a red light at the intersection of E 10th Street and German Church Road.
    With no pursuit behind him, scumbag FLOORED the accelerator to reach 120 mph at the red light at the intersection of 10th and Mitthoefer.

Through the Dodge Challenger’s ACM, I obtained data from approximately 5 seconds prior to the crash. This data showed the 2014 Dodge Challenger was traveling more than 120MPH at the time of the crash. According to the data, the engine throttle and accelerator pedal were both at 100% at the time of the collision, and the brakes were at 0% (Data table below).
    2.5-3 seconds prior to impact, scumbag already going ~112 mph (green line), floors it going into the red light (blue line is accelerator pedal) to reach ~121 MPH immediately prior to impact:

1696276894727.png

Note that prior to that, there was ZERO accelerator pedal and the scumbag had coasted/lightly braked from ~129 mph to ~112 mph...

He knew there wasn't a trooper on his tail.

So yeah, BS on your narrative. Big time BS.

ETA: For anyone that wants to look, here's the affidavit on the resisting law enforcement charges PC affidavit. That's all there is so far... :rolleyes:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So, I'm going to call BS.

I've also looked at the affidavit. The troopers halted the pursuit and DE-ACTIVATED their lights when the scumbag flew through a red light at 10th and German Chrurch road.

They, Trooper Munn driving, stopped at the red light scumbag just flew through.

With no pursuit behind him, scumbag FLOORED the accelerator to reach 120 mph at the red light at the intersection of 10th and Mitthoefer.

2.5-3 seconds prior to impact, scumbag already going ~112 mph (green line), floors it going into the red light (blue line is accelerator pedal) to reach ~121 MPH immediately prior to impact:

View attachment 302985

Note that prior to that, there was ZERO accelerator pedal and the scumbag had coasted/lightly braked from ~129 mph to ~112 mph...

He knew there wasn't a trooper on his tail.

So yeah, BS on your narrative. Big time BS.

ETA: For anyone that wants to look, here's the affidavit on the resisting law enforcement charges PC affidavit. That's all there is so far... :rolleyes:

I.... uh... I mean ..... You're awesome.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So you have no idea, it's possible (and probably likely) but you are sure the officers are lying. Got it.
    The officers are lying? Um, no. No reason to think the affidavit is a lie.

My criticism of ISP is the pursuit in a densely populated city.

Doug Carter is a liar and is lying again about the bond.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    What?? His foot slipped off the brake pedal and made him go 140? What kind of nonsense is this? Of course it was intentional. His intention was to evade the cops.
    Can't be his fault. HAS to be all ISP's fault. Even though they had already terminated several minutes before. NOT the imaginary 25 seconds.

Top Bottom