‘This isn’t working’: Head of ISP calls for complete review of Marion County judicial system

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What happened here is on law enforcement. They wanted to play GTA on the streets of Indianapolis. Did not work out well for them.
    So, instead of accepting responsibility for the deaths of innocents, law enforcement seeks to blame those that: are not responsible for the deaths, obeyed the rule of law and due process.
    I'm missing something here. They discontinued the pursuit 3 minutes before the crash. You keep using rhetoric like "GTA" to describe these particular Troopers actions. What evidence are you using to support such an assertion? What specific actions did these specific Troopers take that violated the sensibilities of the ordinary person?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    As frustrating as this is, Kirk has an experienced and educated opinion on the matter. Not saying others don't just that he takes the time to post it here.

Like many I hate the idea this stuff happens. I immediately think of those that were killed without any consideration.

Like I said, frustrating. Hopefully it will get sorted out at a trial.

Don

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    As frustrating as this is, Kirk has an experienced and educated opinion on the matter. Not saying others don't just that he takes the time to post it here.

Like many I hate the idea this stuff happens. I immediately think of those that were killed without any consideration.

Don
    I was just curious that the Troopers were accused of negligence based on what? This may never make it to trial.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was just curious that the Troopers were accused of negligence based on what? This may never make it to trial.
    Mostly because of his personal hatred of the ISP apparently. I'm guessing one of them took his lunch in elementary school. He chooses to ignore the facts and instead inserts his emotions on this. Plain and simple. Just like hOrSePaStE and masks.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm missing something here. They discontinued the pursuit 3 minutes before the crash. You keep using rhetoric like "GTA" to describe these particular Troopers actions. What evidence are you using to support such an assertion? What specific actions did these specific Troopers take that violated the sensibilities of the ordinary person?
    The State of Indiana's court filings as evidence. (Granted it may all be nonsense, but I have no other information other than what Indiana State Trooper Brandon Fletcher signed under oath)

I am reading the affidavit of probable cause (page 3) which says the pursuit was terminated less than a mile from the crash, which if the state cops got him up to 140MPH then that is a lot less than 3 minutes (1st calls were 3 minutes). 2 math classes and a stats class in economics in undergrad says that is 25 seconds to cover a mile at 140MP.

Here is Page 3 for anyone that cannot read the PC affidavit:

Trp. Munn terminated the pursuit at the intersection of E 10th Street and German Church Road, which is approximately one mile East of the crash.

The cops chased him up to 140 in the streets of Indianapolis. 25 seconds after the cops broke pursuit, he crashed.

Chasing someone through Indianapolis and pushing them up to 140 is GTA, and I am not saying that simply because I have family there. It is objectively reckless and they let Vitamin T get the better of them. Carter knows this and is blaming others for what his officers did.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mostly because of his personal hatred of the ISP apparently. I'm guessing one of them took his lunch in elementary school. He chooses to ignore the facts and instead inserts his emotions on this. Plain and simple. Just like hOrSePaStE and masks.

1. I am using the facts from the police. Perhaps you think the police are not telling the truth? I don't know, maybe, but Carter is lying.

2. I hate Doug Carter for the lies he told about Glenn Rightsell cover up and on Constitutional Carry. But he is completely wrong here. He lied about the bond in the interview and must be called out.

3. I am sorry you are still upset. I hope you will forgive me for telling people not to eat horse paste as some were doing and not to spit on others as some were doing as a political statement.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Don
    All Carter had to do is call Mears, urge him to motion the Court to raise the bond. However, Dougie knows that people will ask why ISP is pushing drivers up to 140 and question his leadership (or lack thereof) thus he throws a fit and lies about what happened,

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    1. I am using the facts from the police. Perhaps you think the police are not telling the truth? I don't know, maybe, but Carter is lying.

2. I hate Doug Carter for the lies he told about Glenn Rightsell cover up and on Constitutional Carry. But he is completely wrong here. He lied about the bond in the interview and must be called out.

3. I am sorry you are still upset. I hope you will forgive me for telling people not to eat horse paste as some were doing and not to spit on others as some were doing as a political statement.
    Cite please for ingo'rs spitting on people and eating horse paste.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Troopers negligent? I don't know, likely up to departmental policy.

Allowing cops to push drivers up to 140 is negligent and Carter knows this thus his deflection over his false statements about bond.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Troopers negligent? I don't know, likely up to departmental policy.

Allowing cops to push drivers up to 140 is negligent and Carter knows this thus his deflection over his false statements about bond.
    What is their department policy you are so critical of? "Pushing" drivers? I just cannot wrap my brain around the idea that activating my lights and sirens "forces" a driver to drive faster and faster. The fleeing driver CHOSE to flee. He CHOSE to accelerate. He CHOSE to drive in such a manner that killing someone was foreseeable. That is why they discontinued. So if the Troopers FORCED him to drive faster, then they could also FORCE him to slow down, during the pursuit. How do they do they slow him down?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What is their department policy you are so critical of? "Pushing" drivers? I just cannot wrap my brain around the idea that activating my lights and sirens "forces" a driver to drive faster and faster. The fleeing driver CHOSE to flee. He CHOSE to accelerate. He CHOSE to drive in such a manner that killing someone was foreseeable. That is why they discontinued. So if the Troopers FORCED him to drive faster, then they could also FORCE him to slow down, during the pursuit. How do they do they slow him down?
    Yeah. Nobody is pushing them. It’s the perp’s right foot that is to blame.

What’s the alternative? Let them go? That just encourages more lawlessness.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I am reading the affidavit of probable cause (page 3) which says the pursuit was terminated less than a mile from the crash, which if the state cops got him up to 140MPH then that is a lot less than 3 minutes (1st calls were 3 minutes). 2 math classes and a stats class in economics in undergrad says that is 25 seconds to cover a mile at 140MP.

Here is Page 3 for anyone that cannot read the PC affidavit:

Trp. Munn terminated the pursuit at the intersection of E 10th Street and German Church Road, which is approximately one mile East of the crash.

The cops chased him up to 140 in the streets of Indianapolis. 25 seconds after the cops broke pursuit, he crashed.

Chasing someone through Indianapolis and pushing them up to 140 is GTA, and I am not saying that simply because I have family there. It is objectively reckless and they let Vitamin T get the better of them.
    Who said the Troopers traveled a mile at 140mph? They terminated and found the crash at a later time. They arrived to the crash scene at a more normal speed. They were not still chasing at that point and did not witness the crash.
    Carter knows this and is blaming others for what his officers did.
    100% of the blame lies with the fleeing driver. At ANY TIME, he could have slowed or stopped. He CHOSE to accelerate. If the Troppers had hit an innocent, then YES, they are are the hook. But it was the CRIMINAL who was reckless. Did the Troopers not clear intersections? Did they force other drivers off the road? How far away were the Troopers behind the fleeing driver?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yeah. Nobody is pushing them. It’s the perp’s right foot that is to blame.

What’s the alternative? Let them go? That just encourages more lawlessness.
    The lawless driving you are witnessing in Indy is a direct result of officers not caring to enforce traffic laws. Too many drivers have NOT stopped for so many officers that they just gave up. There are NO repercussions for fleeing from a traffic stop. Essentially, you can drive however you want with no consequences. I try to stop a car for a traffic violation, they still drive the speed limit but just don't stop, I have to immediately shut down and pull off, letting them continue on their way. This is what the population voted for, I don't feel bad.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    All Carter had to do is call Mears, urge him to motion the Court to raise the bond. However, Dougie knows that people will ask why ISP is pushing drivers up to 140 and question his leadership (or lack thereof) thus he throws a fit and lies about what happened,
    You think Mears takes calls from cops? I imagine he is using the full resources of the office to find charges against the officers as i type.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You think Mears takes calls from cops? I imagine he is using the full resources of the office to find charges against the officers as i type.
    this wouldn't surprise me in the least. Maybe even charge the ambulance driver for taking too long to get on scene too.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The lawless driving you are witnessing in Indy is a direct result of officers not caring to enforce traffic laws. Too many drivers have NOT stopped for so many officers that they just gave up. There are NO repercussions for fleeing from a traffic stop. Essentially, you can drive however you want with no consequences. I try to stop a car for a traffic violation, they still drive the speed limit but just don't stop, I have to immediately shut down and pull off, letting them continue on their way. This is what the population voted for, I don't feel bad.
    Not all of us.

But we do appreciate you guys playing along as everyone drives 75 on 465. Except for the idiots doing 90mph slaloms (F*** those guys) things seem to go just as smoothly as back when we did 55. No blood on the asphalt as DOT would have us believe.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not all of us.

But we do appreciate you guys playing along as everyone drives 75 on 465. Except for the idiots doing 90mph slaloms (F*** those guys) things seem to go just as smoothly as back when we did 55. No blood on the asphalt as DOT would have us believe.
    now if we can just get rid of the different speed for semi's b/s.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not all of us.

I am WITH you on that. The increase in speeds on I465 doesn't seem to detrimental to others' safety. My patrol car is GPSed so I don't go over 75ish and I SLOW traffic at that speed. In my personal car, cars traveling 85-90 are frequent.

Top Bottom