• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    I have a suspicion this till be too large to fit the same niche that the bodyguard falls in now, from the pics waiting to see on in a shop and put it side by side with the shield or EZ.
    However, HandgunHero indicates that maybe it is more similarly sized and could take off pretty quick, slightly taller wider than the OG, but less weight. Interesting.

Dimensions

LengthHeightWidthWeight
    Bodyguard 2.05.5 in4.1 in0.88 in9.8 oz
    M&P 380 Shield EZ6.7 in5 in1.05 in18.5 oz
    M&P Bodyguard 3805.3 in3.78 in0.84 in12 oz

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've owned a few of the micro .380 pistols in the past, but never really cared for any of them.

Might have to pick this one up, though. Its looks are deceiving. Looks like a slightly smaller Shield, but is actually about the size of a Ruger LCP Max. And with a full/almost full 3 finger grip, due to the design.

Comparo.PNG

About half the weight, and a little smaller than my current EDC...

Comparo2.PNG

Looking forward to handling one.

DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    Held one this weekend, its literally just a Miniature M$P Shield 2.0. My pointer is like 1 inch short from overhanging the muzzle end when holding it, but it feels surprisingly decent in hand for a pocket pistol. Trigger is mush, but that was to be expected. Would make a great boot gun or pocket gun for sure.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I got to hold one the other day, I like it. I have never been a fan of the .380, but I want one of these..I've also been looking at the LCP's... I love my P32's but.....Might consider upgrading my "polite" carry guns.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Looks like the got the grip shape right where the LCP Max got it wrong. Nice high grip at the web with high undercut on the trigger guard. Love to try it.

Still gonna enjoy the LCP until then for a backup gun.
    IMG_1050.jpeg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    My EDC is an LCP Max, and I love it except for a little pinch when shooting, which is no big deal. It's not a range toy. But this gun looks like it would not have that issue and might actually be fun at the range. Hmmm. Maybe I'll dial one up after the hype subsides and a little better deal comes along.

Smith &W is making some fun stuff. I've been drooling over their M&P .22 Mag with 30 round capacity. THAT looks like it would be some serious fun!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Smith &W is making some fun stuff. I've been drooling over their M&P .22 Mag with 30 round capacity. THAT looks like it would be some serious fun!

The only downside to that is the ammo costs hale the price of the gun…… I keed, I keed

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Zero malfunctions but only 120 rounds fired.
    Only problem was it shot left 3" or 4" at 10 yards. Bumped the front sight left and now windage is dead on.
    I've back pocket carried a LCP on and off for 10 years and if I can can find a leather rear pocket holster it will likely replace the LCP.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Zero malfunctions but only 120 rounds fired.
    Only problem was it shot left 3" or 4" at 10 yards. Bumped the front sight left and now windage is dead on.
    I've back pocket carried a LCP on and off for 10 years and if I can can find a leather rear pocket holster it will likely replace the LCP.
    I shoot that way with every single Glock I've ever owned, including 42, 43, 17, 19, and 20. I moved the sights on all of them. Something about the ergonomics and the way I pull the trigger. I'm not blaming the gun, just the combination of me and their trigger/grip angle. I tried all kinds of techniques before moving the sights. Once the sights are moved, it's just fine. Maybe the 2.0 has something going on like that with you.

cp1149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2022
    Bargersville
    I would have considered picking one up if it came out in the spring. But as summer comes to an end so does carrying a smaller gun. I may wait till next spring see what they are like and how they are holding up.

Jbroad5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2024
    Can't wait to get one. I've been on the hunt for one of these for a while. No one seems to have any in stock. Currently have the LCP MAX as my occasional micro carry

Top Bottom