• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richieray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Kewanna
    the average response time of 911 23 mins, the response time of .357 is 1400 feet per second. I'm putting my money on the .357

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've had an experience when the cops needed to be called, a family member got a call from his security company saying his alarm went off, he left church and drove home, 23 minute drive, and beat the cops to his house. A door was wide open in the house, a door they never use, the cops finally show up and go through the house, said the alarm prolly scared off the person. Ok sounds good right? He gets a letter in the mail a few weeks later stating that if he calls the police again and they come out there for nothing he will be charged. Needless to say he raised hell and they apologized. I'm not trashing on the police, i'm just saying that yes, response times are not what people think they will be, and personal protection is something everyone should have, not just politicians and hollywood idiots.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I've had an experience when the cops needed to be called, a family member got a call from his security company saying his alarm went off, he left church and drove home, 23 minute drive, and beat the cops to his house. A door was wide open in the house, a door they never use, the cops finally show up and go through the house, said the alarm prolly scared off the person. Ok sounds good right? He gets a letter in the mail a few weeks later stating that if he calls the police again and they come out there for nothing he will be charged. Needless to say he raised hell and they apologized. I'm not trashing on the police, i'm just saying that yes, response times are not what people think they will be, and personal protection is something everyone should have, not just politicians and hollywood idiots.

That is because 99.9% of time alarms are false trips. Many people and companys fail to maintain there alarm systems. Most business wont send a rep out for a alarm. I am one that writes ordinance violation tickets for any second of more false alarms in a 12 month period. They start at 15.00 and go to 200.00 very fast. Send a rep and you dont get cited.

Persnally I dont think law enforcment should respond to any alarm that does not have at least two drops/trips.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    It's too bad he's having to make this announcement amidst cuts to his personnel. Funny that the city seems to think that they can make cuts to a police force and still expect it to "protect" the populace...not that they are there to "protect" anybody...

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    the average response time of 911 23 mins, the response time of .357 is 1400 feet per second. I'm putting my money on the .357
    23 minutes? In thousands of small towns and rural areas across Pennsylvania where the State Police are the primary LEA, expect response times to be measured in hours, not minutes.

--Bill

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Milwaukee is a messed up area. Being that I am in Wisconsin, I get a little more of the local insight as to what happens here. I lived in the Milwaukee area a few years back and during the summer/warmer months, every weekend there were multiple shootings, murders, etc.
    Right before our Concealed Weapons provision went into effect, there were a mob of, we'll just say inner city teens that were attacking and viciously beating on people that were at the state fair near Milwaukee.
    Since concealed carry has been enacted, I cannot say that I hear of problems like this anymore. Sure, isolated incidents, but not like the one at the fair. It was so wide spread, police were called in from surrounding municipalities to control it. Not to mention the police presence already in place at those types of events.
    Anyways, the city of Milwaukee is anti gun. I mean seriously anti gun. I am a member of Wisconsin carry, similar to NRA but for Wisconsin. They run story's all the time about how the city of Milwaukee trample all over peoples rights regarding gun ownership. The hoops they make people jump through to reclaim weapons when the possession or use of one comes into question.
    The only thing that makes me feel good about any part of this, a few years back, right before the concealed carry was enacted, mayor Barrette intervened when a little old lady was being robbed. The perp turned on him and beat the ever loving snot out of him with a tire iron. Hard to believe he is still anti gun, would have saved him a beating. (I guess I should give him credit for standing his ground, but screw him and the liberal stick up his)

Morkal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    ny
    I think if you have a way to defend yourself than there is not any other bast alternate of that.But after the gun control most of the people depending on the police department and other security companies because the guns are ban in some area.
    crowd management

Last edited:

paddywonka

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Hate to say it, but calling 911 will usually only guarantee that a proper police report will be filed after the fact.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When my daughter was attacked several years ago, she called 911 and she called me. I arrived about 30 minutes before the sheriffs deputy.

Top Bottom