‘This isn’t working’: Head of ISP calls for complete review of Marion County judicial system

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just so everyone is clear as to the ulterior motives here, then is a proposed amendment to the Indiana Constitution to deny bond to people ("substantial risk" nonsense, substantial risk=brown people, bet).

Carter is one who has been pushing it along with my good, good friends at IPAC. I find such an amendment disgusting and that it will have kinds of unintended consequences, including a blizzard of F&S trials.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He can file a petition requesting that too.

There is a bond schedule. The defendant here paid double the bond schedule.

If Carter wants to distract us from WHAT HIS OWN GD DEPARTMENT DID, then he can call Mears's cell phone and ask Mears to petition the Court to raise his bond. However, Carter is lying to you, just like he lied about Constitution Carry. Just like he lied about Glenn Rightsell.
    I don't like Carter. I like scumbags that run from the police and kill people and are let out of jail even less. Marion County doesn't have a very good record when it comes to keeping track of criminals. Hell, they let them out of jail by accident. I'm certainly not going to trust them to keep track of them when they let them out on purpose.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Since IMPD was given a no pursuit order, only ISP can pursue. When I was playing popo on the streets, the right to chase or break contact ends with me. They broke contact when the chase was heading into the incorporated part of Marion County as it posed significant risk. ISP dropped their speeds and then the collision happened. The ones originally in the pursuit took the call of the 10-50 as they were in the area but still had to drive their as they were a ways off. The Sup (who I think is a db) can't make them erase their body worn or vehicle camera footage. It will be made public. I understand you have a boner for the Sup but if he does run for governor, then you will REALLY hate him esp if he wins.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Since IMPD was given a no pursuit order, only ISP can pursue. When I was playing popo on the streets, the right to chase or break contact ends with me. They broke contact when the chase was heading into the incorporated part of Marion County as it posed significant risk. ISP dropped their speeds and then the collision happened. The ones originally in the pursuit took the call of the 10-50 as they were in the area but still had to drive their as they were a ways off. The Sup (who I think is a db) can't make them erase their body worn or vehicle camera footage. It will be made public. I understand you have a boner for the Sup but if he does run for governor, then you will REALLY hate him esp if he wins.

OMG, do you really think Carter is planning a run for governor?

:dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    $333 per human life. Sounds real fair. Nothing to see here.

Except it wasn't. Dumb Dougie lied to you.

I posted the correct bond amount. C-G paid it. He has a right to bond. His bond was already over schedule.

Doug Carter is attempting to blame a judge for what he did, and he is lying to you all to cover up his culpability.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    IMPD can still pursue, but our policy is more strict than ISP. We can't chase for infraction violations or stolen cars, but we can chase for other things.

D. Vehicle pursuits are authorized when officers have a reasonable suspicion to believe a vehicle occupant has committed, is committing, or is about to commit:
    1. A felony, excluding auto theft without additional criminal activity;
    2. A misdemeanor exception offense; and/or
    3. A witnessed misdemeanor offense.

E. Without the reasonable suspicion of additional criminal activity, vehicle pursuits are not authorized based solely on:
    1. Traffic infractions;
    2. The act of fleeing; and/or
    3. Auto theft.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    He can file a petition requesting that too.

There is a bond schedule. The defendant here paid double the bond schedule.

THAT is the issue... kill three people going 120 mph and your cash bond is $333 per person killed?

“This young lady that was sitting in a car was hit at 120 miles an hour. Hit so hard it removed her car engine. And she’s worth $330? Because of a $1,000 bond. It’s unconscionable."

Oh, and an additional $5k surety bond? Life is cheap in Indy/Marion.

Gotta agree... this is a broken system.

If Carter wants to distract us from WHAT HIS OWN GD DEPARTMENT DID, then he can call Mears's cell phone and ask Mears to petition the Court to raise his bond. However, Carter is lying to you, just like he lied about Constitution Carry. Just like he lied about Glenn Rightsell.
    Sorry, I disagree... the whole "just let them go if they drive fast and reckless enough" did this.

How about this... kill someone fleeing LEO apprehension equals capital murder charge. How about we make THAT the law and make the bond schedule for THAT start a $1 million?

How about this? Fleeing authorities until the wreck or the PIT maneuver equals no bond AND a speedy trial?

We have a right to a bond in the State of Indiana.

How about we put this on a referendum vote to change the state constitution?

We have a presumption of innocence. Cebya-Gonzalez did as he was required, but Carter is crying about it. This does not set well with me.
    There's the state has to prove that the defendant did it in court for a conviction "presumption of innocence"... the TRIAL starts at innocent until the state proves it's case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Then there's the pried out of the car's driver seat that killed 3 people at 120 MPH... WHILE FLEEING AUTHORITIES.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The head of ISP may have screwed up in the past BUT he is 100% correct in this case. The judge should be censured for this ridiculous ruling that defies logic and the law. Simply unacceptable. Period! :dunno:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Sorry, I disagree... the whole "just let them go if they drive fast and reckless enough" did this.

How about this... kill someone fleeing LEO apprehension equals capital murder charge. How about we make THAT the law and make the bond schedule for THAT start a $1 million?

How about this? Fleeing authorities until the wreck or the PIT maneuver equals no bond AND a speedy trial?
    Yup. We've created a culture of "it's okay to run, nothing bad will happen". That's what it all stems from. Killing someone in a pursuit should be nothing less than automatic felony murder.

Criminals have the mentality of children. When they do bad things and get away with no consequences, they do worse things. It's not complicated.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    THAT is the issue... kill three people going 120 mph and your cash bond is $333 per person killed?
    Your bond is $50,000 surety and $1,000 cash. Dougie lied.

I have posted the surety bond. It is $50,000 surety, not 5K.

The bond is OVER the scheduled bond.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The head of ISP may have screwed up in the past BUT he is 100% correct in this case. The judge should be censured for this ridiculous ruling that defies logic and the law. Simply unacceptable. Period! :dunno:

Censured? By whom? For what? For increasing bond over schedule? I thought that is what you wanted?

You are mad at the wrong person.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yup. We've created a culture of "it's okay to run, nothing bad will happen". That's what it all stems from. Killing someone in a pursuit should be nothing less than automatic felony murder.

Criminals have the mentality of children. When they do bad things and get away with no consequences, they do worse things. It's not complicated.
    It depends on how one is killed. Cannot be reckless. That is Reckless Homicide (which was not filed).

How is C-G getting away with anything? He is being prosecuted. Why do you think there will be no consequences?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

How about we put this on a referendum vote to change the state constitution?

There's the state has to prove that the defendant did it in court for a conviction "presumption of innocence"... the TRIAL starts at innocent until the state proves it's case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Then there's the pried out of the car's driver seat that killed 3 people at 120 MPH... WHILE FLEEING AUTHORITIES.
    I will say this, a few weeks ago I took a trip on a motorcycle and Berkley Springs in Morgan Co, WV was a stop.
    My idiot bestist friend abused there 911 call center and was issued a ticket and a court date, he was drunk and missed the court date.
    Two hours later his ass was cuffed and stuffed in a Sheriffs Dept cruiser. 17 days later he was given a 5 thousand dollar CASH bond.
    Thats why I had to go to Berkley Springs,
    Morgan Co, WV don't F around with problems.

Marion co should strive to be more like Morgan Co, WV.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Counselor, did you Strenuously Object?
    I do, I understand people are mad at a-holes being a-holes and killing the innocent. This isn't the judges fault.

Doug Carter is deflecting blame from ISP who wanted to play GTA with his damn toys (you would have thought that after Hendricks Co. that they would not Inshallah anymore but Doug is a slow learner and does not give a flying f about human life).

Top Bottom