• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We were sitting on the couch and my dear wife turns to me and says, "I love you and I'll still love you even if you don't give me a gun for Christmas."
    "Oh, you want another gun?"
    "Yeah."
    "Want kind of gun do you want?"
    "I don't know - anything I guess."

:wwub:

What sweetheart. But, I'm a step ahead - picked up a 10/22 last weekend. :cool:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm gonna show this post to my hubby, maybe he'll get the hint and get the Garand I've been hinting about :D

:dunno: a girl can dream can't she???

P.S. I like the way your wife thinks :yesway:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    We were sitting on the couch and my dear wife turns to me and says, "I love you and I'll still love you even if you don't give me a gun for Christmas."
    "Oh, you want another gun?"
    "Yeah."
    "Want kind of gun do you want?"
    "I don't know - anything I guess."

:wwub:

What sweetheart. But, I'm a step ahead - picked up a 10/22 last weekend. :cool:
    I COULD saysomething, but this is a FAMILY forum, isn't it ?????

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, here past gifts were:
    Ruger Mark 22/45
    CZ P-07
    CZ50

So I saw this 10/22 converted to a M1 Carbine clone in the classified section here and couldn't pass it up. All the accessories are on order, so I hope she likes it. My dream would be that she takes it to an Appleseed weekend.

Actually, my dream is that she gets her LTCH, but that's another story...

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Us too. We know we'd better let the other pick out what they want or chances are it'll be going back (for gifts in general, that is). :laugh:

I could never return a gift. Even if it was something I absolutely did not want, he would never let me live it down. Apparently one year my boyfriend's mother got a four slice toaster she didn't want and made him return it. Well, they still bring it up all the time and that was over 20 years ago.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Wow, if only my wife would turn to me and say that. She already picked out her Christmas gifts. Purses. A bunch of them. On the positive side, I picked out what I wanted and got it Sunday. An exquisitely crafted Beretta 92A1. At least we both got what we wanted.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Wow, if only my wife would turn to me and say that. She already picked out her Christmas gifts. Purses. A bunch of them. On the positive side, I picked out what I wanted and got it Sunday. An exquisitely crafted Beretta 92A1. At least we both got what we wanted.

I never understood why a woman would need that many purses... I have one, just one. That's the only one I need until I get tired of it two or three years down the line and buy a new one.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yea :ugh: That same thinking applies to jewelry too.

Not around here. I like pretty things, but I'm too rough-and-tumble in daily life to wear them comfortably. I actually took off my engagement ring and wear the band only because even my "little" half carat diamond was getting in the way of things. And we rarely if ever do anything that warrants dressing up beyond jeans and a nice shirt. I might throw on a pair of earrings for church. :):

I never understood why a woman would need that many purses... I have one, just one. That's the only one I need until I get tired of it two or three years down the line and buy a new one.

Personal choice. I feel the same about shoes. I have about 5 pairs, if you count the 2 dedicated to gardening and mucking about in the chicken run.

Some people feel the same about firearms. Why would you ever need more than a rifle, shotgun, and pistol? Because it's not about a need. :cool:

Incidentally, I have four purses. One blinged out, one understated leather for that professional look, and two from maxpedition that barely qualify for purse status they're so tacti-cool. :D

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    my wife wanted a compact .45 for christmas. So I did some trading and got her a taurus pt145. she loves it. Now come tax time I get my christmas present. I get to go pick me out a brand new 1911. I think its a fair trade. I love my wife....

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Not around here. I like pretty things, but I'm too rough-and-tumble in daily life to wear them comfortably. I actually took off my engagement ring and wear the band only because even my "little" half carat diamond was getting in the way of things. And we rarely if ever do anything that warrants dressing up beyond jeans and a nice shirt. I might throw on a pair of earrings for church. :):

Personal choice. I feel the same about shoes. I have about 5 pairs, if you count the 2 dedicated to gardening and mucking about in the chicken run.

Some people feel the same about firearms. Why would you ever need more than a rifle, shotgun, and pistol? Because it's not about a need. :cool:

Incidentally, I have four purses. One blinged out, one understated leather for that professional look, and two from maxpedition that barely qualify for purse status they're so tacti-cool. :D

I suppose that's all understandable. I have 8 or 9 pairs of shoes right now and I need to get more. (It really is a need.) I only have one gun, but I want to fill my house with them! :D Maybe someday I'll have the perfect pistol for every outfit.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

Im right there with ya. I always get "the look" when I ask if I can look for another gun to purchase. There are so many I want to pick from so when I get the rare chance too I can never decide.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Im right there with ya. I always get "the look" when I ask if I can look for another gun to purchase. There are so many I want to pick from so when I get the rare chance too I can never decide.

When my boyfriend wants to buy a new gun, I get excited and ask him what he's going to purchase. He earns his own money, he can spend it how he chooses. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I could never return a gift. Even if it was something I absolutely did not want, he would never let me live it down. Apparently one year my boyfriend's mother got a four slice toaster she didn't want and made him return it. Well, they still bring it up all the time and that was over 20 years ago.

A long time ago when my wife and I were dating seriously, she would buy me clothes for gifts. But she had an uncanny knack of buying exactly what I hated. So rather than say much, I would dutifully accept and hang it in the closet...never to be seen again. Well one day she noticed I never wore something she had bought. As delicately as I could, I slid the latest UT Bookstore catalog over to her and said something along the lines: "I guarantee, anything you buy from there, I'll wear". And since then, my side of the closet has had an orange glow. (And for 25+/- years, I've heard about that orange glow :laugh:).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When my boyfriend wants to buy a new gun, I get excited and ask him what he's going to purchase. He earns his own money, he can spend it how he chooses. :)

My wife's the same way - more excited to see what I buy. Sometimes I want be the guy who gets chewed out for buying a gun... but then I snap to my senses!

Anyways, here is what she's getting:

8271913010_75ea580347_b.jpg

Special thanks to INGO member superstorm for selling me this great gun! I bought the case, and mag pouch and then a cheap magazine that I hacksawed and affixed to the Ruger mag (I took this photo before spray painting, it looks great with paint!).

I hope she loves it!!!

Top Bottom