• ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Learn How to Butcher your own Wild Game

Don't forget about RNM Butchering service and tutorials.....4 yrs straight... knock one down, bring it out
    and lets cut it up together. Learn how to butcher in my shop with my tools, and take the meat home with you :rockwoot:

Discounts for INGO members or if you prefer, I'll do all the work.

MSG groups, lets get together and do a class, I got plenty of room. PM me for more details.

$50 per deer for hands on butcher and learn or $75 per deer for just straight processing.

IMG_3730.jpg

Processing includes:

• 24hr quick turn around tagged to your deep freeze in most cases
    • skinning (you can request to keep the hide or head at no extra charge)
    • boning out
    • your preferred cuts (roasts, steaks, tips, stew meat, ground)
    • packaged and labeled
    • deep freeze
    • 25 cents per pound charge for ground and tube packaging.
    PM or email for inquiries or to make an appointment.

redneckmedic1@gmail.com

LOCATED 8 MILES EAST OF POST ROAD JUST NORTH OF US40
    EAST OF GREATER INDIANAPOLIS

YOUR GAME HAS TO BE TAGGED
    PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AT MY SHOP WE
    ARE NOT A CHECK-IN STATION

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    This is so awesome. I wish I knew how/where to hunt, because more than taking an animal, I would love to learn how to turn it into food.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Are you a registered deer processor?

Most wild game proccessers are not registered if they operate out of their home.
    here is the link
    Guidance for Industry: Questions and Answers Regarding Registration of Food Facilities (Edition 4); Final Guidance

and here is a cut an past of the important stuff so you dont have to go through it all.

II. Questions and Answers

A. Who Must Register?

• 1. Private Residences:
      • 1.1 Q: If a person has a business in his/her home that involves manufacturing/processing, packing, or holding food, does that person need to register his residence as a food facility?
        A: No. A private residence is not a facility as defined in the Interim Final Rule (21 CFR 1.227(b)(2)) and thus, need not be registered.
      • 1.2 Q: If a person is selling food from his or her private residence through the Internet, does that person need to register his residence as a food facility?
        A: No. A private residence is not a facility as defined in the Interim Final Rule (21 CFR 1.227(b)(2)) and thus, need not be registered.

If you go on to read the interim final rule, a detached garage or any other stucture on ones property where one resides is all covered under this. So a shed, a seperate building, even a detached garage is all covered and does not need to be registered.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Most wild game proccessers are not registered if they operate out of their home.
    here is the link
    Guidance for Industry: Questions and Answers Regarding Registration of Food Facilities (Edition 4); Final Guidance

and here is a cut an past of the important stuff so you dont have to go through it all.

II. Questions and Answers

A. Who Must Register?

• 1. Private Residences:
      • 1.1 Q: If a person has a business in his/her home that involves manufacturing/processing, packing, or holding food, does that person need to register his residence as a food facility?
      • 1.2 Q: If a person is selling food from his or her private residence through the Internet, does that person need to register his residence as a food facility?

If you go on to read the interim final rule, a detached garage or any other stucture on ones property where one resides is all covered under this. So a shed, a seperate building, even a detached garage is all covered and does not need to be registered.

You may not have to register at the federal level but I believe you do at the state level, it costs nothing and is only a one page form but I believe you are still required to register no matter where or how the processing takes place. I will find the IC when I get some more time.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Here ya go:

312 IAC 9-3-10 Commercial processing of deer
    Authority: IC 14-22-2-6
    Affected: IC 14-22

Sec. 10. (a) A person who receives deer for processing and charges a fee must maintain accurate daily records of the
    following:
    (1) The dates deer are received and disposed of.
    (2) The name and address of the owner of the deer.
    (3) The state or province from which the deer was taken.
    (4) The official tag and seal number or certificate of ownership number.
    (b) These records shall be retained by the person or persons responsible for preparation or maintenance for at least eighteen
    (18) months following that preparation and must register with the department annually.

(c) A law enforcement officer may enter premises used for deer preparation at all reasonable hours to inspect those premises
    and the daily records required under subsection (a).

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Here ya go:

312 IAC 9-3-10 Commercial processing of deer
    Authority: IC 14-22-2-6
    Affected: IC 14-22

Sec. 10. (a) A person who receives deer for processing and charges a fee must maintain accurate daily records of the
    following:
    (1) The dates deer are received and disposed of.
    (2) The name and address of the owner of the deer.
    (3) The state or province from which the deer was taken.
    (4) The official tag and seal number or certificate of ownership number.
    (b) These records shall be retained by the person or persons responsible for preparation or maintenance for at least eighteen
    (18) months following that preparation and must register with the department annually.
    (c) A law enforcement officer may enter premises used for deer preparation at all reasonable hours to inspect those premises
    and the daily records required under subsection (a).

So then whats the IC definition for "commercial"?

Way to crap on the thread. Redneckmedic has taught MANY people how to process their own deer and this service is a true asset to this community.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I'm not trying to crap on anyone's thread, if I were doing something outside the law and didn't know it I would appreciate being told the error of my ways so I didn't get in trouble. Read section (a): A person who receives deer for processing and charges a fee must.......

Redneck you advertised you do straight processing, this statute would apply to you. Like I said it is free to register and is only a one page form. I am offering some advice to you to keep you out of trouble, take it or leave it.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    RyanV is correct . If you charge anything for processing you legally have to be registered with the state .

I had a friend that was doing the same thing to make a little extra cash during deer season and the dnr came in and gave him a hard time . They only issued warnings , but told him if he continued without registering with the state that he would be a little more trouble .

He was keeping a log , but the records weren't up to snuff for the dnr . They also told him if he didn't comply , they would escalate the investigation to include any income he made that wasn't include in his taxes . Needless to say he is registered this year .

The form is a simple to complete and free to do .

You can do as you wish , but posting your service on the internet might get you noticed sooner .

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I'm not trying to crap on anyone's thread, if I were doing something outside the law and didn't know it I would appreciate being told the error of my ways so I didn't get in trouble. Read section (a): A person who receives deer for processing and charges a fee must.......

Redneck you advertised you do straight processing, this statute would apply to you. Like I said it is free to register and is only a one page form. I am offering some advice to you to keep you out of trouble, take it or leave it.

Much props for looking out for a fellow hunter. I think what Redneck is doing is awesome and it sounded like you were just looking out for him since you knew the rules.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    RyanV is correct . If you charge anything for processing you legally have to be registered with the state .

I had a friend that was doing the same thing to make a little extra cash during deer season and the dnr came in and gave him a hard time . They only issued warnings , but told him if he continued without registering with the state that he would be a little more trouble .

He was keeping a log , but the records weren't up to snuff for the dnr . They also told him if he didn't comply , they would escalate the investigation to include any income he made that wasn't include in his taxes . Needless to say he is registered this year .

The form is a simple to complete and free to do .

You can do as you wish , but posting your service on the internet might get you noticed sooner .

Yea and next thing you know they will be trying to collect taxes off of what he is profiting form the work.

Redneckmedic is offering a friendly service that is 1st class and and should be left at that. Just my two pennies.

Top Bottom