• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Last week my wife's Grandfather bought full-size fishing poles for our boys (ages 3 and 6) at a yard sale. They already had "kiddie" poles but now that they got "big" ones they wouldn't stop talking about fishing.

Now I'm not nor have I ever been a fisherman, but I did take the family down to lovemywoods' small lake to do some fishing. As always we had the camera in tow so I thought I would share a few pictures with my fellow INGOers.

First is lovemywoods (Pappaw) helping the boys get their poles (rods?) set up with line, hooks, weights, and bobbers. Nice shirt. ;)

IMG_9000.jpg

Next we grabbed some worms and headed down to the lake. You may recognize the dam we fished from as the other side of the pistol range berm.

IMG_9010.jpg

I'm not manly enough to enjoy putting worms on hooks so I tried to convince my sister Kr_Treefrog2 to do it. She always did it when we were kids. She declined. :xmad:

IMG_9013.jpg

Note the face. :D

IMG_9012.jpg

Speaking of Kr_Treefrog2, she caught the first fish in the first 2 minutes.

IMG_9033.jpg

I then took turns helping each boy get going, being sure to avoid wild casts and explaining how bobbers work.

IMG_9018.jpg

IMG_9026.jpg

Kr_Treefrog2 caught another one.

IMG_9037.jpg

I even got the wife in on the action. But I'm pretty sure cell phones aren't allowed in fishing.

IMG_9050.jpg

Any activity where the two boys will sit this close to one another without one being unconscious is great! :yesway:

IMG_9047.jpg

Eventually they were both able to catch their own fish. They were super excited, and I was super proud!

IMG_9044.jpg

IMG_9052.jpg

Afterwards we headed back up to the house and lovemywoods provided a dinner of Black Diamond strip steaks and fried potatoes. I will spare you that picture. :drool:

Then we drove back home to the city where I remembered how less excited I was to be living there. Gotta love the country . . . . .

:ingo:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    A family spending time together enjoying being a family. Its unfortunate how rare that is becoming in today's world and its so awesome to see it still happens!

Those grins on those boys faces are priceless.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Just wanted to make sure you guys didnt eat them. With all the shooting that goes on down there, im sure those fish have high levels of lead in their system. haa

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Now that I've seen the pics of what your sister got, it leaves me wondering what else is down there. I may have to infiltrate with gear.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I actually had the idea to inject some high-velocity lead directly into the fish from the dam but I was veto'd by the wife. :D

Your father actually "made" me fire at the fish the last time I was there!

But, then again, some folks know of my great hatred of fish, so I didn't balk when told to shoot the fish.

Went like this.

lmw: Craig, feel free to shoot the fish.
    .10 seconds lapse.
    me: Bang!

me: Thanks, lmw, I needed that.

Top Bottom