• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Been wanting one of these since they started coming out and since I did not preorder anywhere I was pretty much S.O.L. I was not looking to get bent over by the silly prices on the second hand market so I ended up getting lucky with a trade, I traded a LNIB TSF Forge Beast I had bought on a whim a couple weeks ago(bought it second hand so value was about equal on the two and just didn't really like it as much as I thought I would) for a LNIB 0560.

Only had it a couple days so I have not had a chance to beat up on it at all but this one is without a doubt a keeper for me. There is no blade play at all and the lockup is rock solid and early this is probably the sharpest out of the box ZT I have had yet. Blade is pretty perfectly centered and I LOVE the deep carry pocket clip!

P1010320.jpg

P1010319.jpg

P1010318.jpg

P1010317.jpg

P1010321.jpg

P1010322.jpg

In conclusion I highly recommend that if you do not already have one then buy one when Brad gets them in, funds willing I will probably go ahead and buy a 0561 from him when he gets them in because I like it that much.

Last edited:

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I'm jealous. I have been waiting for one for a while. I will wait for brad to get me one, to support his business. He has never treated me wrong so I'm loyal.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I still have not had anything beyond boxes and such to use it on but I thought I would mention the KVT since I spaced it in the OP. At first it seemed not only a little gritty but not the smooth easy open you would expect from ball bearings. After flipping it enough to smooth out the finish on the contact points of the blade and frame it smoothed out a good bit. I also took it apart and cleaned it, there was a little gunk and a little bit of grit that was in it and then I spread a little(very little) grease around the bearings and contact surfaces and it just glides open now and seems to be getting a bit smoother everyday. It will just fall open or closed now with nothing but gravity once it is unlocked or past the detent.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Is it bothering your hands or pockets at all? I have been carrying one for about 3 weeks now and it is tearing my thumb, hand and pocket up lol. they might have made the jimping, scale and other stuff just a little bit to aggressive. it's a awesome blade but I'm not sure my pants or hands are not feeling it. also on a side note it is a very large blade which I like but isn't the best in a office environment.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Is it bothering your hands or pockets at all? I have been carrying one for about 3 weeks now and it is tearing my thumb, hand and pocket up lol. they might have made the jimping, scale and other stuff just a little bit to aggressive. it's a awesome blade but I'm not sure my pants or hands are not feeling it. also on a side note it is a very large blade which I like but isn't the best in a office environment.

It is not really bothering my hands or fingers(my hands are a bad comparison though as they in pretty rough shape and my touch feeling is kinda limited) but I can tell in the long run it is going to tear the pockets up in some of my cheaper pants. I might end up bending the clip out a little as it seems VERY tight where it touches the scale.

I have read on BF that a lot of people have softened the spine jimping to make it a little easier on their thumb when they push the flipper.

I've wanted one of these for a while now. I was playing with a Hinderer XM24 over the weekend, and now I have to own one.

I would love to get a Hinderer if I could find someone to order one for me at the factory price but for the second hand price I have no interest in them(unless they come out with a model that cleans my house too) and will stick with my poor mans Hinderer(0560):rockwoot:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    ok that's cool. the reason I asked is because I have very calloused hands lol and it has literally taken a layer of skin off it. and it's scratched up my hands multiple times reaching in the pocket. I love the knife but I'm not quite sure why they went so aggressive with it. I may try to sand it up but I'm not sure I want to customize it either.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    What # is your knife? Mine is 0919, Thomas had mentioned that they might soften it up a bit after the first batch or two since that was one of the biggest complaints so I suppose if it is a very early one it might be a little rougher then the current ones but I am by no means positive on that. Like I said my finger tip feeling is not the greatest but to me the jimping seems about the same as on the 0300's.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    mine is early. around 400, so that might explain it a bit. I guess I might have to send it off to zt for some softening up. mine is definitely much more aggressive than my 0303

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I just looked at mine real close and the spine jimping is sharp but not painfully sharp at all, the edges on the Ti side look a little softer then the G10 side IMO. The jimping on the inside edge of the lock bar is really sharp though and for sure sharper then the rest of the jimping on the knife.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom