• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    There have been several recent threads about shotguns, and this pertinent video popped up in my subscriptions today.

For my own situation I prefer a handgun to a shotgun. Hopefully those who prefer a shotgun have at least given it a dry run like Mr. Lamb here.

[video=youtube;fffZvYpDF2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fffZvYpDF2M[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I also prefer the barrel down.
    If someone grabs the barrel coming around a corner, and it is up, when then you can't do much.
    If someone grabs the barrel coming around a corner, and it is down, then you can drop to one knee.
    That should bring the barrel up, towards the belly to knee range on a standing person. Check your target and beyond before firing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I also prefer the barrel down.
    If someone grabs the barrel coming around a corner, and it is up, when then you can't do much.
    If someone grabs the barrel coming around a corner, and it is down, then you can drop to one knee.
    That should bring the barrel up, towards the belly to knee range on a standing person. Check your target and beyond before firing.
    I prefer to pie my corners and not stick out anything for anyone to grab. But I'm with Evan on this one. Pistol with a good light all the way

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I prefer to pie my corners and not stick out anything for anyone to grab. But I'm with Evan on this one. Pistol with a good light all the way

I like a pistol at home also.
    But, at home I have the option for....
    put pants on. Pants already have pistol on with a reload.
    And there is a BUG in a front pocket.

If my shotgun is somehow compromised (bad guy holding barrel, won't fire, whatever), I can drop it,
    transition to EDC.

If EDC is compromised, transition to BUG.

If BUG is compromised, transition to knife.

If knife is compromised, wail/kick/scream/cry. My number is probably up, but I want to cause some damage on the way out of this life.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Could have a headlight.
    But he didn't. Also I'd go with a momentary light only. I'm just talking what's in the video. He's trying to put people (most who probably should never do it) into a mindset of aggressively searching and clearing to a child's room. He's instructing but leaving BIG details out. I'm just not a fan of spreading this info half ass'd to people. Not a fan of this guy

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    But he didn't. Also I'd go with a momentary light only. I'm just talking what's in the video. He's trying to put people (most who probably should never do it) into a mindset of aggressively searching and clearing to a child's room. He's instructing but leaving BIG details out. I'm just not a fan of spreading this info half ass'd to people. Not a fan of this guy

Good idea or not, a lot of people are going to their child's bedroom.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    He only gets a short amount of time in his segment. He can't possibly cover everything. Typically I don't like his part of the show, but he didn't do a horrible job with this. Count me in as a pistol guy as well for this type of work in a home.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    He only gets a short amount of time in his segment. He can't possibly cover everything. Typically I don't like his part of the show, but he didn't do a horrible job with this. Count me in as a pistol guy as well for this type of work in a home.

Agreed on the timed segment part. I'm sure he's capable. Problem is with shows like this some people will watch these short pieces of info and not seek out further proper training.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That looks like a Surefire foreend on his shotgun.

Same principle as a light moubted on a pistol. Use the ambient light to search, without pointing the gun at anything.

I see nothing wrong with it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't know about that. Shotgun wielding man can afford a minus on his card.

Maybe not if he wields it when he could have avoided it in the first place? :dunno:
    Putting your child on the first floor when you are on the second, where you are forced to "clear rooms" to get to them is a less than "manly" mentality. Training over tools. ;)

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Maybe not if he wields it when he could have avoided it in the first place? :dunno:
    Putting your child on the first floor when you are on the second, where you are forced to "clear rooms" to get to them is a less than "manly" mentality. Training over tools. ;)

I wont disagree with your statment. Its not ideal. Up front planning to avoid the situation always beats training to deal with the situation. However, if we could structure our lives to avoid all of these situatoins we would not need firearms or training at all. Do/did you sleep in your kids room every night just in case of fire?

Top Bottom