• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Tactical Firearms Training is again offering a $50 discount to INGO members for our Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law course being held at Eagle Creek Pistol Range on September 28, 2013.

This course provides detailed education on legal issues that are critically important for any Indiana gun owner, including the justifiable use of deadly force in self-defense (including the recent legislative changes regarding the legal use of force against a "public servant"). We also cover the crimes of "pointing a firearm," "intimidation with a deadly weapon," and "criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon" as well as how to avoid being prosecuted for those charges and the defenses available to each of them.

We discuss where you can and cannot carry a handgun in Indiana - under both state and federal law - both with and without a LTCH. We cover traffic stops and exactly how to preserve your rights without going to jail. We also address civil liabilities and how to avoid liability for torts such as "negligent entrustment," "negligent storage" and "negligent purchase."

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. This is eight full hours of comprehensive legal education taught by a lawyer who practices exclusively in this area - for $125 (INGO members only).

If you are interested in attending, please email us at info@tactical-firearms.com. (Don't register on the website - www.tactical-firearms.com - or it will try to charge you full price.)

Here is an AAR from my friend Shay at Mindset Labs. You may have seen it before, but I believe it captures the course well, with an important message at the end.

Today I attended Tactical Firearms Training LLC's Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law course.

The class today was a look at US and Indiana state law that address four specific areas:

1. Possessing a firearm
    2. Carrying a handgun
    3. Use of a firearm for self defense
    4. Civil liability

We started at the Eagle Creek classroom at 8:30 sharp and went to 3ish with a few breaks for bathroom visits and lunch. The class was well organized with most of the content contained in a PowerPoint presentation. This was not just a cursory overview, but rather as the title suggests, a comprehensive review. Guy was meticulous in his citations of the case law and Indiana Code allowing the student to research and pull the cited sections if desired. I don't want to make this sound like a dry legal lecture. While the law was covered Guy also went "off script" and expanded a great deal on areas that needed to have context or history filled in.

We had some great class discussions and Guy was good about entertaining student questions or requests for clarification. To Guy's credit, he did a very good job of leaving most of the legalese behind and explaining concepts in plain English.

Worth the price of admission alone, I learned what a 'curtilage' is. :):

Now I get on my soap box. I read frequent posts here other places about how training is too expensive or too long or too far away or too this or too that........ Here you have a local class on a very, very important topic taught by an expert in the field.

At what point will you prioritize the knowledge in your head over acquiring more guns? Is it better to spend $150 on another trinket or invest that money in yourself to hopefully keep yourself out of jail and limit your civil liability if you do ever have to use deadly force to protect yourself?

In conclusion, I thought the class was a good value and a lot of fun.

We hope to see you at Eagle Creek!

Guy

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would love to attend. But I just spent this week on the couch with a herniated disk in the lower spine.
    I have to wait till I see the doc next week to find out what's going on.
    If I'm released for work, I'm scheduled to work that weekend.
    If I'm not, then it depends on my treatment plan.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I would love to attend. But I just spent this week on the couch with a herniated disk in the lower spine.
    I have to wait till I see the doc next week to find out what's going on.
    If I'm released for work, I'm scheduled to work that weekend.
    If I'm not, then it depends on my treatment plan.

I'm sorry to hear about your back! The good news is that we just got brand new padded chairs in our classroom - very comfy! (Although I know well that "comfy" and any back injury don't really belong in the same sentence - especially a herniated disk!)

Best wishes! and get well soon.

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I love teaching this course, because I get calls every week from Indiana gun owners who are in jail - or their spouses or boyfriends/girlfriends - who are trying to figure out if they're going to prison because they didn't know or understand Indiana's gun laws. The time to get that education is now - not when you're wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Guy

Last edited:
    Top Bottom