• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Got this 28oz can from a family member as a gift.
    grape_koolaid_02.jpg

grape_koolaid_01.jpg

The flavor is OK and taste like a cheap-o version of grape Kool-Aid.
    The color of the water is light purple vs the deep purple from the Kool-Aid brand.
    The can is packaged for longer term storage than the commercial Kool-Aid stuff however that comes at a premium of the can price.
    They have a sale right now of $4.99 for this size can and it's a good price to try this stuff out but at the regular price I don't think it is worth it.
    The size is just too small for bulk buying. I have not done the math but you are better off buying something else in bulk, using a pail with the liner and putting it all in there.

One other plus of this stuff is the 'vitamin' level. Kool-Aid has just 10% Vitamin C. This stuff has the following:
    10% for Vit A, Vit D, Niacin, Fotate, Biotin. Vit E, Vit B6, Vit B12, Zinc and 50% Vit C.

This can makes ~ 27 cups or 1.6 gallons.
    It does NOT have a measuring cup or scooper in it BTW.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    White Pine Needles: Vitamin C

Dandelions: Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, and Manganese

Two things most people already have in their yard...

Sorry to hijack, just reminding people. I likes me some grape drink too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    White Pine Needles: Vitamin C

Dandelions: Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, and Manganese

Two things most people already have in their yard...

Sorry to hijack, just reminding people. I likes me some grape drink too.

Do you boil these items and drink the water????
    Or how do you prep them?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    When I was a kid my grandma would bread and fry up dandelion heads. I don't remember what they tasted like or even if I liked them... Tempted to try it again, but am a bit nervous about it.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    pine needles you just boil and make tea. You don't need to eat them, strain them out, then drink the tea. You work em up kinda like you would green beans though. You take a little off each end. It works better if you chop em up real fine first. All you want is needles, none of flakey brown bits or white scale bits. They say pine needles contain thirty times more vitamin C than your average lemon.

As for danelions.. the greens are like lettuce. Taste like chickoree. The root system contains most of the good stuff though, but the leafy greens make a great healthy salad. Even the heads are good in limited quantity.

Top Bottom