• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok, so yesterday I woke up at 3am Central time to get on the road at 4am CDT to make it to Guy's class at Eagle Creek Pistol range at 9am EDT... I didn't get back home until about 9pm CDT... My butt was wore out! So I'm just getting around to posting this update this morning.

This was an incredibly full day and I honestly believe it could encompass 2 days up to a week straight of 8 hour classroom days and still feel like we were rushing it. There is just so much information, hypotheticals, and real life scenarios that anyone is going to learn a :poop: ton more than they did before they went in.

I get PMs all the time from members asking if I have a pocket guide book to Indiana Code or Case laws and while I do not, one could easily be gleaned from this class. We had around 20 very important case laws thrown at us that sometimes changed and other times clarified what Indiana law had said about it previously.

I have never been to a class of any sort that had as up to date information as this. We were discussing laws and court cases from just a few months prior and even several cases that are still in courts or pending trial. That takes a HUGE amount of time and dedication from Guy. BTW it is very obvious that he is doing this because he loves it, he put hundreds of hours in the initial course and every single time he teaches it he spends several more hours updating and changing his course for all the new case laws and legislation that passed since the last time.

He also takes time out for questions and discussion including overly specific scenarios ;) (thanks Mrs Vert) and also other scenarios that help to reinforce the information we just learned.

As for the content, I would have to say the class lies somewhere between a basic course, and advanced in the realm of law. It certainly helps to study and have at least a basic knowledge before attending so you can focus on the many facts that are not as easily obtained with practicing law for 29 years- which happens to be longer than I have been alive. :laugh:

But seriously even if you know nothing of Indiana law or even law in general, this is an absolutely invaluable class and for the price, it could actually save you thousands more and even your life or your freedom one day should you be put in a place to use your firearm to protect your life, or the life of someone else.

Do you need this course? Ask yourself a few questions:

Do I know without a doubt when I can use deadly force in Ind? Do I know when I am legally authorized to POINT a firearm at someone? Do I know the difference?

Do I know how case law affects me and how it differs from Indiana Code?

Do I know when it is legally allowable to transfer a firearm to someone? Do I know the difference between selling, transferring, possession, and allowing in Ind law? All of these terms have different definitions and meet different requirements in Ind Law and knowing the difference means the difference between being a law abiding citizen and a criminal in some cases.

Do you know the difference between how Federal law treats 'handguns' and Indiana does?

Did you know that there are places in this state where it is not necessary for you to knowingly take or possess a firearm yet are felonies?

Guy and myself are going to be working on getting a class together for Southern Indiana soon, so if you have any interest in taking probably one of the most valuable days of education I have had then give Guy or myself a shout and we can start narrowing down dates and locations.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    He also takes time out for questions and discussion including overly specific scenarios ;) (thanks Mrs Vert) and also other scenarios that help to reinforce the information we just learned.

Yeah everybody knows way more about us now then they need. :laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    They learned do not attend the zoo here :D

I would say that the other students now know what I knew then (and a little more) and they could accomplish the same thing in the face of their civil rights being violated. :)

After the depos Thurs and Fri, most of the zoo staff and EPD is at least partially aware of what is going on now, but according to one it could easily happen again. :noway:

Skywired

Master
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I just have to add my :twocents: in reply to Titanium Frost's post. I just completed the August 25 session of Guy's Indiana Comprehensive Gun Law Seminar. Everything Titanium said is spot on correct!

It's an all encompassing course that's guaranteed to overload your brain! But, it is what it is: it's an overview of probably several week's information presented in one 8 hour stretch.

Somehow, Guy still manages to work in answers to all of our many questions. There's no range time associated with this course (other than free use of the range after the course is finished). It's all bookwork. If that bore's you, or doesn't interest you....ask yourself this question:

Can you really afford to walk around carrying a deadly weapon while being legally ignorant? Do you really feel you are up to snuff on gun law issues? Are you willing to risk your family, your home, your job, your physical freedom?

I think this is a small investment. As I found out.... I didn't realize how much I didn't know until I attended this course!! :yesway:

Top Bottom