20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE:

My Forms are back!!

But its for a correction. :(

Here was the given reason:
    ATF/Ashley Newcome said:
    List only one caliber in section 4C, additional calibers and barrels can be listed individually in 4H. Thank you.

In box 4C (Specify Caliber, Gauge, or Size) I had written:
    5.56x45mm
    9x19mm
    7.62x35mm

So I called and asked Ms. Newcome herself how I should best make the correction. She advised that I put a single line through the text and note my initials next to it.

So now 4H (Additional description - Include all numbers and other identifying data which will appear on the firearm) reads:
    9x19mm
    7.62x35mm
    The revised forms are going back today, so I should be receiving my approved stamp in the next couple weeks! :ar15:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    UPDATE:

My Forms are back!!

But its for a correction. :(

Here was the given reason:

In box 4C (Specify Caliber, Gauge, or Size) I had written:

So I called and asked Ms. Newcome herself how I should best make the correction. She advised that I put a single line through the text and note my initials next to it.

So now 4H (Additional description - Include all numbers and other identifying data which will appear on the firearm) reads:
    The revised forms are going back today, so I should be receiving my approved stamp in the next couple weeks! :ar15:

:facepalm:

That means mine are coming back too then. Oh that'll be in 6+ months

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I assume so he could leave it configured with a different caliber upper on it and not have to worry about being out of "compliance"

That's why listed multiples on mine.

From my understanding, you can own as many different uppers as you'd like, its just suggested that you notify them if you make a permanent modification from the form 1?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    From my understanding, you can own as many different uppers as you'd like, its just suggested that you notify them if you make a permanent modification from the form 1?

Yup, that's correct. But if I already know I'm gonna be floating different caliber uppers on it from the get go, why not just put it on the original Form 1 to begin with :dunno:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yup, that's correct. But if I already know I'm gonna be floating different caliber uppers on it from the get go, why not just put it on the original Form 1 to begin with :dunno:

My point is that you CAN float different calibers, no reason to list them all. All that needs to be listed on the Form 1 is the original build config. It's only suggested that you keep your original upper, so that you paperwork will match up to the rifle. As far as the marking, my original caliber is to 5.56. If I was to make a permanent change to, say, 9mm, I would notify them of the change in caliber/change in barrel length. Also, my lowers are marked Multi, so I guess that would cover all bases?:dunno: In the unlikely event the ATF would ever check the actual rifle, no one else(LEO) would see it. Also, if you list something in 4H, that means another trip to the engraver...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    But that's under the handguard/rail? I was thinking it had to be visible(same reason we must put our info some place that can be seen).

4H just says "...other identifying data which will appear on the firearm"

I think the engraving info has to be seen and visible because that makes us the Manufacturer of the SBR. :dunno:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    4H just says "...other identifying data which will appear on the firearm"

I think the engraving info has to be seen and visible because that makes us the Manufacturer of the SBR. :dunno:

:D Ok, I give.

On another note, based on Esrice's info, I'm 3 3/4 months away <<sigh>>

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I'm not sure it means another trip to the engraver, but I did think it was odd to list them there. But that's what the form said to do, so I did it. :dunno:

Ya, I don't really understand either why something in 4h would require new engraving. The only engraving needed is name and place. I guess maybe if your lower is only marked 5.56 but you want to shoot 9mm or .22 also. :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    IT'S HERE!!!!!

Oh Happy Day!! I got a nice surprise in my mailbox this morning. My Form 1 is now "home" with a fresh new stamp. It was dated 5/21, which is almost 6 months to the day when it went pending (almost 7 months since I sent it out). I find this detail mildly ironic, as shooter521, whose birthday is 5/21, is the gracious INGOer who has been storing my Noveske upper for me this past year.

As soon as I hear back from Mark, I'll go pick up my upper and you guys will soon get sick of me posting pictures and videos of Project Iron Widow! :laugh:

One last time. . .

1. NFA Item: SBR - Spike's Tactical ST15 lower receiver
    2. Form Type: Form 1
    3. Transferee Type: Individual
    4. Forms dropped off to CLEO (Marion Co): 10-11-11
    5. Forms returned from CLEO: 10-27-11
    6. Forms Sent to ATF: 10-31-11
    7. Forms Received by ATF: 11-2-11
    8. Check Cashed: 11-10-11
    9. Pending Date: 11-23-11
    10. Forms Received: 5-11-12 for correction (listed multiple calibers in box 4C)
    11. Forms Re-sent: 5-12-11
    12. Approved Date: 5-21-12
    13. Form 1 Returned (final): 5-24-12
    14. Examiner Name: Nikki Dudash (Ashley Newcome for correction)​

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    IT'S HERE!!!!!

Oh Happy Day!! I got a nice surprise in my mailbox this morning. My Form 1 is now "home" with a fresh new stamp. It was dated 5/21, which is almost 6 months to the day when it went pending (almost 7 months since I sent it out). I find this detail mildly ironic, as shooter521, whose birthday is 5/21, is the gracious INGOer who has been storing my Noveske upper for me this past year.

As soon as I hear back from Mark, I'll go pick up my upper and you guys will soon get sick of me posting pictures and videos of Project Iron Widow! :laugh:

One last time. . .

1. NFA Item: SBR - Spike's Tactical ST15 lower receiver
    2. Form Type: Form 1
    3. Transferee Type: Individual
    4. Forms dropped off to CLEO (Marion Co): 10-11-11
    5. Forms returned from CLEO: 10-27-11
    6. Forms Sent to ATF: 10-31-11
    7. Forms Received by ATF: 11-2-11
    8. Check Cashed: 11-10-11
    9. Pending Date: 11-23-11
    10. Forms Received: 5-11-12 for correction (listed multiple calibers in box 4C)
    11. Forms Re-sent: 5-12-11
    12. Approved Date: 5-21-12
    13. Form 1 Returned (final): 5-24-12
    14. Examiner Name: Nikki Dudash (Ashley Newcome for correction)​

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Top Bottom