• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    New Shotgun; Mossberg 500 20ga. PLUS PIC!

My fiancee and myself stopped into Orion Arms today to browse around, and wound up bringing home a new toy for her.

She has been wanting a shotgun for herself, (we'll be moving to the country in a little while,) and she knew she wanted a pump 20 gauge.

Well, they had a Mossberg 500 20gauge with the pistol grip stock for only $289, (and DiceDealer marked it down for me,) and we decided to take it home. I went ahead and dropped my collapsible stock on it for her and we headed out to shoot it. Pics below.

20120419_181100.jpg

20120419_181029.jpg

20120419_181049.jpg

She liked it a lot with that stock on it. Didn't care for it so much with the pistol grip; but the price was right, so we're shopping for a cheap synthetic stock now as well. Future "improvements" also involve painting the forend and stock pink. :p Not my color choice, but hey; if it gets her excited, I'll paint it purple with orange strips and mount strobe lights and a disco ball on it. Pink is no problem. :D

Overall, I'm very impressed with it. Handles great, light recoil....nothing remarkable, but quite nice overall. Especially for the price.

Last edited:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    You know, I have actually never much cared for them, but now that I have gotten to fire and handle it, I like it. When taking it apart for cleaning and whatnot, it is much easier not to get fingerprints all over the barrel, and I can even set the barrel down across my knees without getting oil on my pants.

I'm sure the heat-shield aspect of it is nice as well, but I'm happy enough with just the benefits mentioned above.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Way to go on getting the 20, man. Mossys have a real nasty punch in 12 ga. especially so with the light telescopic stocks. 20 ga slugs also have just as much range.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, she is quite happy with it. She couldn't stand my 12 gauge, but she was perfectly content with the 20. I feel like its a good trade off; still has decent stopping power and effectiveness, but in a size that she is comfortable with.

Top Bottom