• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just in case anyone has some free time, on Thursday evening we are having our every-other-week Cigars & Guitars night with a cigar player coming into the cigar lounge. But we also have the GURKHA cigar rep coming in to offer some deals on his cigars the same night.

And as is normal for us, we are open carry friendly and we usually have a few INGO members who show up for these so I figured I'd mention it here so anyone who wants to pop their open carry cherry and enjoy some music and a cigar is welcome to stop by.

Picture6-1.png

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    So is the stage open or is this a scheduled/paid gig? I might come by, and I'd love to jam.
    We have a couple guys who we rotate in, and we do pay them. One or the other of them plays on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month.

We have had people come in and jam, and we are open to doing that, just letting people build up their own following, but we schedule that too. If you are really interested in doing that then you need to see Diann at the shop. She does the scheduling and really runs everything at the lounge.

I have liked every GURKHA cigar I have ever tried. I really would like to try that new Seduction Gurka.
    Me too. I just broke a tooth and they yanked it out by the root. Dentist told me I can't smoke until Thursday so one of the new Gurkha Seductions is on my "to do" list for Thursday!

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    I see. Sounds cool. I haven't had a nice cigar in some time. I'm no performer so I'll leave it to them. I'm just a sit in kinda guy. Considering I can't even form sentences while playing, let alone sing.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    If I can I will try and be there. I usually end up missing them due to one thing and another.

I have popped my OC cherry a long time ago, but still haven't caught the urge to suck and/or blow on a cigar :P

Well I have the urge just not the means or oppourtunity.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I know diddely about cigars, but I am off thursday so I may wander in. Pick me out something mild and cheap.

TIME????

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I know diddely about cigars, but I am off thursday so I may wander in. Pick me out something mild and cheap.

TIME????
    Andy usually shows up about 11am.

The Gurkha sales rep will be showing up about 5:30pm but his cigars are NOT generally mild.

The guitar player is in the evening. 7pm to 9pm.

We have plenty of mild cigars at very modest prices. Think NAT SHERMAN cigars, that is a brand I recommend to cigar newbies all the time. The other brand that is very mild are the American market VEGA FINA cigars (but stay away from the Spanish market VEGA FINAs!).

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'll be there twice Thursday. Probably around 10ish for an opus x or god of fire, until whenever. Then back again around 6ish for a seduction or royal challenge or both until you kick me out.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Andy usually shows up about 11am.

The Gurkha sales rep will be showing up about 5:30pm but his cigars are NOT generally mild.

The guitar player is in the evening. 7pm to 9pm.

We have plenty of mild cigars at very modest prices. Think NAT SHERMAN cigars, that is a brand I recommend to cigar newbies all the time. The other brand that is very mild are the American market VEGA FINA cigars (but stay away from the Spanish market VEGA FINAs!).

Sounds good... put me down for one. I wanna pop my cherry and **** my wife off in one fell swoop.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Napalm, don't listen to those guys. The real way to start smoking a cigar is with a Drew Estate Acid Blondie or Kuba Kuba. melensdad is gonna say something about a cigar that doesn't taste like candy, but you want to have a Drew Estate Cigar, or to a lesser extent, perhaps a CAO Moontrance.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I am not going to make it out there. I'm stuck in Kansas City MO. One of this thursday Im going to make it over there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I am not going to make it out there. I'm stuck in Kansas City MO. One of this thursday Im going to make it over there.

We have the guitar players here on the first and the third Thursdays of every month.

We have cigar events on random Thursdays but they seem to be matching up with the guitar players lately.

On May 3rd there will be another Cigar & Guitar event, this time we'll have the Partagas 1845 cigars on special. Its a new product introduction from Partagas, good prices (starting under $6 and going up to just over $8), for a classic Havana style mid-bodied cigar.

This morning we have the HAMMER & SICKLE cigar company owner stopping in, we also have the representative for SWAG and AGING ROOM cigars coming. This evening we'll have GURKHA cigars here doing promotions.

As with everything I open up to INGO members, cigar smoking is OPTIONAL, I never pressure anyone to light up so we gladly welcome non-smokers if there is going to be an INGO crowd.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Yesterday messed up my Thursday schedule. Couldn't make it for my Thursday morning cigar, but I will be in for a Gurkah or 2 tonight. I'll be getting there around 1830ish.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Yesterday messed up my Thursday schedule. Couldn't make it for my Thursday morning cigar, but I will be in for a Gurkah or 2 tonight. I'll be getting there around 1830ish.
    That's OK, the 2 guys who were coming in to give out the freebies called and cancelled out. They are coming in sometime next week.

BTW
    • MAY 3 we have PARTAGAS 1845
    • MAY 17 we have HC Cigars & Xikar lighters/cutters
    If anyone from INGO is interested I could certainly open those up to INGO members for Open Carry nights. Just let me know. Its not like I'd kick out anyone for OC anyway, its fairly common around here.

Top Bottom