• techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    MSG 3 Members:

I rarely post as often with ideas for projects, but this one is so immediate that I am asking anyways. I will PM the MSG3 core after posting so that they can do what they can.

This saturday Bloomington is trying to muster up the most number of searchers they can to find missing IU student Lauren Spierer. They plan to gather up all day starting at 8am and roll out as teams can be assembled for going wherever is needed to beat the bushes and look for her or clues that might lead to her.

While few of us are anything approaching professionals in this field, they are not asking for pros, they are asking for warm bodies with long pants and closed toed shoes. That is it. Most all of us can fit that bill of good.

I plan to go and see if I can help. If others of you have the opportunity, please come as well. This is exactly the sort of "help a neighbor" situation that the MSG's were originally posted for. If nothing else, this is a great opportunity to learn how a large scale search operation is done and that is an unusual learning opportunity. Add to that the fact that there is little less holy than trying to bring back the missing one way or another.

For full info go here:

Lauren Spierer search: Find Lauren Day is Saturday: HeraldTimesOnline.com

The articles does NOT require a subscription.

If people want to meet up and work as a team group, then we have today to do that. If people want to go as individuals, then that is great too.

Remember: you are what you do when it counts.

If you can help, please consider coming,
    Techres

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Techres,

I'm waiting for spousal approval/scheduling check, but I am all for this... I'm thinking a meet up and INGO group would be good... it's for a good cause, and we can get to know each other better... if SHTF, I wanna know the people I'm going to be calling on as well as I can! :D

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I like the idea of meeting up and heading over. I would like to be there at 8am, so if we do breakfast it would need to be somewhere that opens early.

McD's? Ideas?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    AAR:

Went out twice, once to the south and once to the wayyyyyy south.
    Worked with a bunch of great people from doctors & retired LEO's to moms & college kids.
    Still is more looking to do, but was well worth the experience.
    One memorable moment was when a wife said to her husband, "Did you bring your gun with you?" and he said no. Another guy also said his was at home. I had not planned to mention carry at all but did and they were glad for it and nothing more was said. There are big dogs wayyyyyy south. (Mentioned nothing to second team)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Oh, and this is a blatant plug:

There is still much more land to cover. They will keep up search teams daily until whenever. I cannot go back tomorrow, but if you can - please, go.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Sorry all, I had intended to go... but, my youngest daughter broke her elbow and had to have 2 pins installed: :(

picture.php

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Bravo Techres. This is actually a really good idea and if they do another search soon, I might have to "borrow" the idea and get some members from MSG-2 down there as well.

FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I'll try....depends on how the wife is doing!

Also, I'd really like to ask the 5 friends who have lawyers where she is!

Not to hijack but anybody including cops will tell you to never ever do a police questioning without a lawyer present.

Smart of them to lawyer up out of the gate because if they are guilty they will have done something to screw up which will lead the police to find them as the guilty party not a cop who takes liberty with the way the suspect answered a question to make him look guilty.

Top Bottom