• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Dbusby2009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Madison County
    had me drive an hour today through the snow and on wreck infested interstate 69 only to offer me $100 less on my colt for sale. when the Price said FIRM at $650. he tried dissecting the gun trying to say it was horrible just to get me to drop $100 and I said I wouldn't even take 600 because it said FIRM!

Watch out for this guy. TRIP007
    every other transaction I've had has been smooth as butter.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    trip007 said:
    I would like the opportunity for a rebuttal for the negative feedback I recently received. The following would be my response:

I'm the guy who had him drive an hour. I also drove an hour expecting to buy a "perfect" pistol as advertised. This pistol is far from perfect and was obviously carried extensively. The bluing is worn off of the front sight, edges of the slide, rear sight, hammer, safety lever, and trigger guard. there is also scratches on the frame from the take down lever. I had $650 cash in my pocket to make this purchase and would have done so had it been in the advertised "perfect" condition. When I give my word I stick to it. Perfect to me is like new, no visible wear. His add was and is deceiving.

Last edited:

trip007

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    -1 Dbusby2009

I drove an hour in the snow expecting to buy a "perfect" pistol as advertised. The pistol was far from perfect and was obviously carried extensively. The bluing was worn off of the front sight, edges of the slide, rear sight, hammer, safety lever, and trigger guard. there is also scratches on the frame from the take down lever. I locked the slide back and ran my finger along the feed ramp and it came out black. Clean in safe? I don't think so. I had $650 cash in my pocket to make this purchase and would have done so had it been in the advertised "perfect" condition. When I give my word I stick to it. Perfect to me is like new, no visible wear. His add was and is deceiving. For a couple minor marks that were "nothing noticeable" they sure stuck out. Even with the snow, I showed up 15 minutes early. He was more than 30 late.

This was his initial add:

up for sale is a COLT 1991A1 (1911 style handgun)
    Caliber is .45
    EXCELLENT SHAPE!
    After examining the gun there are no noticable flaws.it functions perfect. has a couple minor marks nothing really noticeable. had less than 20 rounds thru it according to original owner. Ive only put 5 thru it.
    ITS BEEN CLEAN SETTING IN A SAFE. NO RUST ON THIS GUN. SMOOTH CLEAN BORE.
    Comes with 2 mags (7 round I believe) has small blue wear on barrel.
    BEAUTIFUL GUN
    also comes with case.
    the trigger on this is the best feeling trigger on a handgun I have felt in a long time.
    NO TRADES AT THIS TIME AS I AM TRYING TO FUND ANOTHER GUN PROJECT!
    CASH PRICE IS $650 FIRM!!!
    If I dont sell it within 2-3 days I will keep it and use my check to cover the project BECAUSE I HATE TO SEE THIS GO!!!
    AGAIN NO TRADES.

CASH IS KING
    FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS AND ILL ANSWER THEM THE BEST I CAN.

The additional pics he added show some of the carry wear if you look close. What looks like reflection is actually where the bluing has been worn off. If you ask me, this should have been disclosed in his item description. This meet left a sour taste. I will probably just buy new as to avoid headaches like these. I could go on but this experience has already taken more time than this old man should have given it.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom