• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

earlykyler2012

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Grant County
    :noway: -1 funkeemonkey I mean funkeecowboy. Pm'ed me with a trade offer, we agreed in principle to a time and place and he comes back later with a pm changing the deal offering me less cash because he got a cash offer on his gun. I thought we had a deal. Bad business as far as I'm concerned. :noway:

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    I listed a Ruger 22/45 Mark III pistol in the classifieds, the closed listing is still there, with an asking price of $260. In the listing I made full disclosure that the gun was listed on another site at a higher price ($270). I listed the price at $260 expecting to receive and accept any offer in the $230-$240 which I felt was a fair price for the gun. I came across the CZ-75b listing by "earlykyler2012" in the classifieds stating he wanted to trade his gun for a target .22lr pistol + cash. I PM'd him with an offer of my gun + $150-175. He replied with "$200 cash and it's a deal". I replied ok and we discussed meeting details and made arrangements for Sunday morning around lunch time.

Meanwhile Sunday morning I received an email from the other website with the gun posted stating they'd like to purchase the gun at my asking price and would come to me that day for pickup. Now in my eyes this means my gun has a higher $ value than I'd originally put on it. I had valued it at $230- $240 but if someone wants to pay me $270 cash for it the value of the gun is now $270. I contacted "earlykyler2012" with this information and changed my offer to my Ruger + $185, I was still willing to drive 65 miles to the meeting place and at the time we'd agreed on. He declined.

Here's the math:
    Accepted offer: Ruger 22/45 (I valued at $235) + $200 = $435.00.
    Revised offer: Ruger 22/45 (documented value of $270) + $185 = $455.

I've copied and pasted the PM sent to me from him on Monday morning, he was very pleasant in the PM Sunday morning in which he declined my revised offer. Apparently he stewed about it and after a little "INGO stalking" decided he needed to be a jerk and berate me about things completely unrelated to our transaction.

Re: ???
    Wow, you really need to get your facts right before you start making accusations. :ugh:

I sold the Ruger for $270 to a buyer from my armslist posting and I have the emails to prove it, though I don't need to prove anything to you. And though it's absolutely no business of yours I'll tell you anyways, I got the SKS with another gun in a trade for a Springfield 1911, once again through armslist.

Yes, I backed out of your deal because I received proof in the form of a cash offer that my firearm was worth more than I originally thought. I gave you a more than fair chance at it but you declined.

Good luck with your sale, I'm guessing you wont find anyone else willing to trade you a gun valued at $270 plus $185 cash for your CZ.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by earlykyler2012
    I don't like the way you do business. It's now obvious that you basically by default backed out of our deal(you wanted me to say no to your BS lowerball offer even though you already agreed to 200$ cash and a time and place to meet) You are exactly the kind of person we try to keep OUT of the classifieds. Enjoy the sks. Oh, that's right you traded for something that "isn't you". Good day sir, and have a Happy New Year.:)

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom