• ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Hello, forum!

Some friends of us and we're spending part of this weekend in Story, IN at a bed and breakfast. Before we leave, my buddy Dave and I went to the Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club outdoor range in Gnawbone. I finally got to shoot the AR build that I finished this past year. The lower was built at last year's AR Build Party from various parts. If you're interested in the parts I used, I can list them in full detail.

Dave set up his homebrew AR and was blazing away at steel targets 100 +/- yards away. I set up my AR and tried the same. Pulled back the charging handle after loading a magazine. Acquired my target. Flipped my safety off. BOOM!

PING! A hit. SWEET. A good feeling for my first shot ever!

Follow up back to target. Squeeze the trigger. Nothing. No click. Place the rifle on safety. Dump the mag, examine gun. Nothing appears to be wrong. I assume its the mag. Switch mags after racking charging handle. BOOM. Follow up shot... nothing.

The trigger isn't resetting after the follow up shot but I'm not really sure why, aside from the obvious that I fudged up on installing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it an easy fix?

After each shot fired, the next round is loading into the firearm but the trigger doesn't reset effecting making my mag fed rifle a single shot bolt gun. :xmad:

Any help on how to get my lower working as it should is appreciated.

I'm sort of an AR idiot. :dunno:

We spent the rest of the day running drills with his AR. My first REAL experience with the Redi-mag. I like it. We were the only ones at Hoosier Hills that day, which was nice. The little bridge was being overran with water. We parked our car near Camp Moneto and asked on property person if we could park there. They said it was okay. Lots of fun in the snow with just our tracks and those of deer and maybe turkey? A good time... wish I could have taken my camera.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    you probably installed your trigger spring wrong... done it before, and it keeps it from resetting properly.... try this.... dry fire the gun, hold the trigger to the rear, while cycling the action.... release trigger... does it reset? if not there is your problem and you should be able to push the trigger forward then fire...

the U shap part of the spring should be UNDER the trigger bar not over. also the spring inside of the trigger should have a large base... i have seen where people have misinstalled that spring accidently swapping it for the bolt catch spring

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    I would check the disconnector spring. I bet dollars to doughnuts you installed the small end of the spring facing down and not the large end. This is allowing the trigger to come back forward with the BCG. Be carefuly as this sometimes can cause a double fire.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I second the disconnector spring or the disconnector itself.
    If the disconnector spring is installed wrong it won't allow the disconnector to pivot properly and engage the hammer. Same thing if the disconnector is warped or wedged into the trigger.

Top Bottom