• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Please educate me on Spikes Tactical .22 LR uppers. With the AR build party coming in a month, I'm seriously considering ordering one of these. I'm hoping for a configuration that will fairly closely mimic a second rifle/upper in .556.

Besides the cheaper practice and drills, I'm looking to use the .22 LR rifle for competition shooting and Appleseed training.

Questions:

-Is the standard (Green Mountain) barrel better than 4MOA accurate?
    -Is it worth the $100 for a Lothar Walther barrel upgrade?
    -Will the Troy BUIS be precise enough to achieve the same 4MOA or better?
    -Spikes Tactical site says they are one to three weeks out on orders. Has it been anyone's experience that their claims are accurate?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Please educate me on Spikes Tactical .22 LR uppers. With the AR build party coming in a month, I'm seriously considering ordering one of these. I'm hoping for a configuration that will fairly closely mimic a second rifle/upper in .556.

Besides the cheaper practice and drills, I'm looking to use the .22 LR rifle for competition shooting and Appleseed training.

Questions:

-Is the standard (Green Mountain) barrel better than 4MOA accurate? YES
    -Is it worth the $100 for a Lothar Walther barrel upgrade? YES
    -Will the Troy BUIS be precise enough to achieve the same 4MOA or better? YES
    -Spikes Tactical site says they are one to three weeks out on orders. Has it been anyone's experience that their claims are accurate?
    They usually over-estimate. I just got another dedicated BCG from them last week. They said 1-3 weeks, but mine shipped in 3 days...

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I ordered one of the M4 melonite uppers from Spikes awhile back. They were listed as in stock, but you should call and ask if you need it by a certian time. I had asked about it and was told that they were in stock at the time, but waited to order until they had a sale, which I think put my order out a few weeks because of an increase in volume. They are very friendly and helpful on the phone and resolved any issues I had (they forgot to send a buffer). So in short, call to see if it's in stock and will ship, don't trust the website. And if you order off the web, you are charged right away, by phone, when the product is ready to ship, if that matters...

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I have a Spike for sale actually. *hint*

I loved it, it ran good accurate, and a real blast to shoot. On the Troy BUIS, I was hitting squash and pop cans from 50 yards with no problem, I never put em on paper though. I cant think a upgraded barrel is that much better, the Green Mountain one works beautifully.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Update-

I ordered my upper two weeks ago with a verbal assurance that I would have it by this weekend. Even with another phone call earlier this week, to check status, I just received notification at 6:00 this Friday evening that my order had shipped. Delivery is "on schedule" for next Wednesday.:xmad:

I still have high hopes for a very high quality Spikes 22LR upper, but so far I am unimpressed.

Top Bottom