PRIOR .30 carbine owners I need your help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I am looking for a member of INGO who at one point owned an AUTO ORDNANCE M1 CARBINE PARATROOOPER FOLDER AOM150 30 CARBINE RIFLE which looks like this:

AOmpara.gif

Said member sold or traded this rifle to another member here on INGO whose's call sign starts with the letter C. Member C does not recall who you are and Member C did not advise if it was okay to give out his callsign on INGO as such member will be referred to as Member C in this post.

Member C advised that this other member was the original owner of the carbine from what Member C understood. If said member reads this can you please PM me. I have some questions regarding the rifle above (ie. round count, history of ownership, etc.).

It appears that the trade/sell of the rifle occurred in middle IN as the rifle has been in Anderson, Ft. Wayne and Munice as well and has changed hands at least 4 times now. Thanks!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From what i have been able to gather i am the 6th owner of the riffle and yes the rifle is in my possesion. Owners 2, 3 and 5 never fired it. Owner 4 might have fired 15 rds. Looking to talk to original owner to find out how many rds, and why she/he sold it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    oh snap, what happened?

You already know more about the history of your gun than I do about the history of all of mine. What's the deal brudda? Is it busted?

Nothings happend sadclown. I have not fired it and if you look this post is old. I have been trying to find the original owner to figure out the round count on the weapon as that is one of the things i do for my weapons. In addititon i was curious to know why she/he sold/traded it.

The other owners all gave the weapon up since it did not fit there collection mainly due to caliber.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    If you don't get it I wouldn't worry much. Being that it is not a prestine GI issue it will not go up in value much like my IAI M-1 carbine. I mean its nice to kind of now it but its better to know that it works perfectly in my opinon. I know some of the Auto Ord and my IAI need a break in period due to tight chambers. Mine still does not like some surplus ammo that is hot loaded for M-2 full auto carbines due to that. So it may have a higher round count then.Will say enjoy M-1's they are a joy to shoot and great house guns.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks PlaneMech. I'm just cRazy like that and keep a log of
    - rounds fired when and where
    - cleaned how (taken fully apart, just with a boresnake, etc)
    - what I used to clean it with
    - pics of the weapon
    - any mods I might do
    - market value of said weapon
    - serial # and markings (etc..)

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Oh don't feel bad I am a little off my rocker too when it comes to somethings also. You are perfectly normal as the rest of us crazies. They don't call us Gun Nuts for nothing. Lol

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why thank u. On the bright side just took it apart to clean and it was rather easy to take apart and put together reminds me of a 10/22. And the inside had a nice layer of white grease still on it. Not sure if from the factory or someother owner. Very little wear that i can see. Looks like it has not really been fired at all.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom