• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Hey guys, I am really trying to find an AK74 rifle that has a side scope rail and preferably with a removable muzzle break.... I do not want to go as cheap as a Century, but not as pricey as an Arsenal. If I cant find anything I will then have to decide between an Arsenal of Krebs (most likely the Krebs), but I really am not ready to drop that kind of money unless I have to. (Or just tell me to quit complaining and just buy a Krebs or Arsenal, lol.) I was going to get a Waffen Werks, but no where has those in stock anymore :(, even Atlantic firearms is out of stock. This will be my first AK that wasnt a cheap one, so I want to upgrade and I do not want to build "this one". Help me guys, I really want to get this here soon.... Thanks in advance!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    There are billions of posts about this,
    to keep it short and simple

1, Read allot of previous posts about "AKs" you might be interested in,
    Ingo's search is handy when entering AK, Ak74 etc,
    DO YOUR RESEARCH, don't wait for the information to come to you.

2, Save up $$$ and get exactly what you want don't settle "just because" you will find yourself saving for what you wanted originally, the Arsenal, etc.

You will be happy you did.

good luck:popcorn::patriot:

Last edited:

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just get the Arsenal it is worth it. All the important parts are Russian. The Waffen works is really the only other choice unless you can find a good kit with a Combloc barrel and have a good builder build it. You will not save much compared to the Arsenal though.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Have you tried emailing or calling Mark Rogers at Waffen Werks directly? I emailed him about a year or so ago and asked him some questions about his builds, and asked for a price on ordering one. It took Mark about a week or so to get back to me, but he answered all of my questions and quoted me a price.

He followed it up with a phone call to ensure he answered everything. Seemed like a genuine stand-up guy.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Yeah, I have read about 5 or 6 posts on here about aks, but yeah i guess I'll keep looking too.... good point about the save up and dont settle..... See.... thank you for nicely saying shut up and get a higher end ak... :) Hell when I was into ARs i did that so I might as well here too, huh??? lol. well in that case I'm torn between Arsenal and Krebs... CRAP!!!!

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Waffen Werks, TGI, Interarms, Red Jacket, Saiga (convert it yourself), Arsenal, Krebs, and Vepr. Atlantic Firearms has some of these and Gunbroker too.

Good luck on your choice.

Last edited:

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Yeah, I really was set on a Waffen Werks, minus the barrel (but at least it was still chrome lined), but again no one has them in stock and some places are telling me that they aren't building them anymore, I doubt that though from what other places are saying. I may just stick with Arsenal since it has everything I'm after, minus the Chrome lined muzzle break, but that is an easy $30 buck fix.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    you could always build one your self if you do it right and shop around you can build a Bulganin or polish model for about the same as a century .... There are two great things about building one 1) its truely your weapon 2) you learn alot about how they are built .... i built quite a few now (its become a hobby of mine now) but always thought they where kinda hard to screw up (i have yet to mess something up on a ak) new barrrel installs are pretty easy drilling gas ports and pinning isnt bad
    and build tools are easy to come by, make, or barrow

But im a guy that likes to make stuff not every one is

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    A-1-4_Plum.JPG

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Hey guys, I am really trying to find an AK74 rifle that has a side scope rail and preferably with a removable muzzle break.... I do not want to go as cheap as a Century, but not as pricey as an Arsenal. If I cant find anything I will then have to decide between an Arsenal of Krebs (most likely the Krebs), but I really am not ready to drop that kind of money unless I have to. (Or just tell me to quit complaining and just buy a Krebs or Arsenal, lol.) I was going to get a Waffen Werks, but no where has those in stock anymore :(, even Atlantic firearms is out of stock. This will be my first AK that wasnt a cheap one, so I want to upgrade and I do not want to build "this one". Help me guys, I really want to get this here soon.... Thanks in advance!

Quit complaining and just buy an Arsenal :smileak:

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Can always go with the Saiga conversion route.

- It's the same base Arsenal builds on
    - It's going to get you in the game at an acceptable pricepoint
    - Make it exactly what you want, instead of wasting money replacing things you don't.
    - Does it involve some work? Sure it does, but it's nothing compared to having to *build* one yourself.

FSB5.png

angus6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Can always go with the Saiga conversion route.

- It's the same base Arsenal builds on
    - It's going to get you in the game at an acceptable pricepoint
    - Make it exactly what you want, instead of wasting money replacing things you don't.
    - Does it involve some work? Sure it does, but it's nothing compared to having to *build* one yourself.

FSB5.png

Great looking rifle ,Saiga is the way I'd go if doing it again.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Mr. Jag, nice job on the Saiga conversion. If it shoots as good as it looks, that is definitely an option for an affordable upper shelf AK.

You can get more upper shelf ergonomic and realistic AK options for less money.

Top Bottom