• indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    old post

Here is an old post I dug up for ya.

Here is a pic of a 100 yard and a 140-150 yard target, I neglected to document the round used, but I think it was 9121/73 Norinco. I should mention this Saiga is an SGL and I used a 4x24 Zenit optic, NO wind This is the best Ive ever shot with my ak.

Check out these groups, I shot very slow and steady,I used an ammo box and mag bag as support. Target on the left was the first target I set up with my new optics, as you can see it only took 3 shots to dial it in once it was in it was on!!

I shot a little faster
    on the right target but still look at that grouping on the left side!!:rockwoot:
    wol_error.gif
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 799x477.
    k.jpg

Looking foward to seeing your new Rifle:D:ar15:

Last edited:

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Based on my experience with AK's, in order to shoot really accurate you will need something better than the stock triggers and have some good optics.

The other thing is obviously ammo selection. How many times do you see the tight groups guys are shooitng and how much time they spend dicussing their load make ups. I think that geeting great results with surplus commie ammo might make the task more difficult.

The ammo selection in any "precision" shooting is critical:twocents:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Based on my experience with AK's, in order to shoot really accurate you will need something better than the stock triggers and have some good optics.

The other thing is obviously ammo selection. How many times do you see the tight groups guys are shooitng and how much time they spend dicussing their load make ups. I think that geeting great results with surplus commie ammo might make the task more difficult.

The ammo selection in any "precision" shooting is critical:twocents:

This ^

I had a WASR that with handloaded ammo, cleaned up trigger, de-coppered barrel, slow fire and a telescopic would do 2MOA.

My older Arsenal SLR-106FR with my Prvi 75gr JHPBT handloads, Millet DMS-1 and cleaned up trigger would do 1.5 MOA (ALL DAY!)

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Replace the rear sight with either a MoJo or TechSight and you'll get really nice groups. MoJo is cheaper which is what I went with.

I use steel cased Tula ammo and get get those groups & I don't think I'm that good of shooter. My arsenal has the following:

Tapco G2 trigger
    retaining pin replaced with a plate (it might be tapco, don't remember)
    MoJo rear sight
    Hogue grip (i don't like the standard AK grip, too slim to get a good handle on it)

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Over the years I have owned and shot the following AK's
    -Arsenal
    -WASR
    -Norinco
    -Egyptian Maddi
    -Yugo
    By far the best is the Arsenal. With a G2 trigger and a decent scope I consistently put rounds on a man size target at 250 yards with Wolf ammo.
    Not sure about 2" at 100 yards. But you've given me something to try. Thanks.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Yes it is possible even without an Arsenal. I have a $370 century GP75 that will do it without a rest just a sling. It also shoots well enough to shoot a Rifleman score. Repeatedly ringing 300 yard 10" steel with it just yesterday.

tbone1951

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    2 MOA

I think most Ak's are capable of better groups if you use quality ammo. The suplus is great for blasting but if you are looking to get a bit more out of your rifle, try different types of US made or hand loads.

Terry

Top Bottom