• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My dad bought a Colt AR22 a week ago. We fired Winchester 22lr through it. Had nothing but problems. It misfired. Round wouldn't feed into the chamber. The cases even seemed to be bent a little. He had some Rem. 22lr in the safe, so we tried those, with the same results. Today, he picked up a box of Federals. It was a little better, but same results.

So, is the Colt being picky about it's ammo? Or is there something wrong with the gun itself?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    1) What specific ammo types has he tried? "Winchester .22LR" is awfully vague. Generally, the hotter or higher-velocity, the better.

2) Has he experimented with adjusting the bolt speed via the screw intended for that purpose?

From the owner's manual:
    The bolt speed can be adjusted for different ammunition requirements. To reach the screw for bolt speed adjustment the gun has to be disassembled as described in Section 12 Field Stripping (fig.19). Only adjust the bolt speed if problems are encountered when firing a different type of ammunition.

For high velocity ammunition, use the correct size Allen wrench (hex key) to increase the bolt speed by turning the screw clockwise (fig. 19).

For standard ammunition, use the correct size Allen wrench (hex key) to decrease the bolt speed by turning the screw counter clockwise (fig. 19). The screwhead must not rise out of, or be removed from the gun.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    1) What specific ammo types has he tried? "Winchester .22LR" is awfully vague. Generally, the hotter or higher-velocity, the better.

2) Has he experimented with adjusting the bolt speed via the screw intended for that purpose?

From the owner's manual:
    The bolt speed can be adjusted for different ammunition requirements. To reach the screw for bolt speed adjustment the gun has to be disassembled as described in Section 12 Field Stripping (fig.19). Only adjust the bolt speed if problems are encountered when firing a different type of ammunition.

For high velocity ammunition, use the correct size Allen wrench (hex key) to increase the bolt speed by turning the screw clockwise (fig. 19).

For standard ammunition, use the correct size Allen wrench (hex key) to decrease the bolt speed by turning the screw counter clockwise (fig. 19). The screwhead must not rise out of, or be removed from the gun.

1. I'll have to check. It was the 550 round "value" pack from wal-mart for both winchester and the federal. I'm not sure what velocity or anything like that yet.
    2. I'll take a look at that tomorrow too. I'm sure I can find the screw your talking about, well, maybe:D

I'll let you know what happens! Thanks!............Again!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So we tried adjusting the screw. It got a lot better, but still did the samething. We're going to try to play around with it tomorrow.

Top Bottom