• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Last week I picked up a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 Carbine. The only other carbine I have is a Marlin 38/357 lever. I've wanted a 9mm carbine for a long time but something else was always on the table.

The same day I bought this I ordered some upgrades. First was the Holosun 515C red dot. 50,000 hour run time when using the solar option and 20,000 on battery. It came with a kill flash, flip caps, two options for height mounting and quick disconnect. Initial impression, the dot and circle are very crisp.

Next I hit up the HB Industries website and ordered the Theta forward trigger, spring kit, hardware kit and right side safety delete. First thing I notice is my finger has plenty of purchase on the trigger and being set forward it's in a much better position. The stock trigger felt set back to far to be comfortable. More importantly the trigger is set to a much lighter pull and very smooth.

Other plan is I'm looking in to a set of QD mounts and sling but will further research that later today. I know I want a combo 2 point 1 point.

I have yet to take it out to the range and the plan was initially to do just that today. Problem is I worked so hard this last week that I'm completely worn out so It may have to wait. Well there it is, I'm the proud owner of what I consider a very nice rifle.

CZ%20Scorpion%20EVO3_2%20Small_zps4crkmiex.jpg

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Good looking rifle. Is the barrel that thick all the way back to the receiver or is that a pinned fake suppressor?

I have been been eyeing an Evo 3 for a while but with an MPX and a Sub2k already in the stable, I just cannot justify it.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    It's a removable faux suppressor. There is the option to unscrew that and install a flash hider. I don't believe it's pinned and have read that it's just installed using blue loctite.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's a removable faux suppressor. There is the option to unscrew that and install a flash hider. I don't believe it's pinned and have read that it's just installed using blue loctite.

It has to be attached in some permanent way, otherwise you have an SBR.

And that is sweet, btw. Congrats on the sweet carbine!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy

This. I figured it was a faux suppressor pinned to make a 16" barrel length. Just wondering how easy it would be to remove the faux and replace with a real once you got an SBR stamp.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I have a TNW Aero in 9mm, gen 2 sub2k in 9mm and a Evo pistol and none of them get any love because I haven't had time to shoot. Hopefully yours gets more love than mine

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Gearhead works, shooters element also have some parts. I have been researching and hunting for parts for a while now. I have acquired a carbine and 2 pistols already

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    HB Industries also has some good CZ Scorpion options, and some new freefloat handguards are in the works. (https://hbindustries.net/store/)

Those handguards look very interesting. First I'll see how this rifle reacts on the front during recoil and if a little weight needs to be added up front then that may be the way to go. Although 9mm shouldn't pose a problem at all I suspect but every advantage shows on target.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Gosh this makes me want to SBR a Scorpion again! Looks good OP, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

And that is sweet, btw. Congrats on the sweet carbine!

The barrel under the faux suppressor is 16" long so no need to pin. It is made so you can remove it and add the muzzle comp if you wish.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have the pistol of this waiting on the SBR, but it shoots just as good and I prefer the shorter gun because it was originally designed to be a handgun little subgun on par with an MP5. I do like this carbine better than the MPX's carbine model. That one's handguard felt too bulky

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I took the Evo out today for it's initial run. All I can say is this rifle is a hoot! I fired 100 rds of Winchester Nato 9mm at 50 yards and I feel it did very well with zero malfunctions. I sighted the iron's and the Holosun red dot. I can see this will see a few trips soon to the range for some more fun.

Top Bottom