• ...and so much more!
  • nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Hey y'all,
    I picked up a new N-PAP with wood about a week ago and took 'er out today and was very pleased. Fortunately I picked up a sight tool at the time of purchase, cause I had to move the front post about an 1/8" to the left...could've avoided nuisances, such as this if I would've payed $600 more for an arsenal lol, but I got here shootin' straight anyhoo. Best we turned out was 1.75" @50yrds with tulammo FMJ. No prob getting on the sights with the high comb, and no immediate cheek pain, however 5hrs later there's quite the little sore spot there...cheek workout, hopefully it'll toughen. My experiences with AK's are limited to SAR's and WASR's I've owned, and quality wise this one's tops... I got it for what he had a new WASR for, $600. No mag wobble with the 2 30rd steels that came with it, and certainly none with the 20&30 round TAPCO's I have. It has the double stack bolt and front trinion, I was aware the PAP's had single bolt and modified single to double trinion, but I darn sure verified it was double prior to purchase. The quality of it's cycling matches it's fit and finish, after 200rds there's hardly a speck of finish missing or copper tracks anywhere in that breech from feeding those rounds, it just throughs them straight in the pipe...Btw, no failures of any sort. Yeah guys the N-PAP's a great AK and if you've ever considered a Serb, no complaints here...a great value. If you want a great quality, good shootin', good lookin' AK and can live with it's limited stock and forearm options, this might be ur piece.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I've gotten all spun up with the need for a Krinkov over the last few weeks and started researching the Zastava M92 pistols. Seems they're about as close to a real Krink as anything that's ever hit the US market. Namely, the hinged top cover with rear sight, bolt hold-open selector, top handguard retainer, front sight unit, and muzzle device threads are all spot on! I handled one of the 5.56x45mm versions today at a local gun shop and was blown away by the quality. It was nothing like the Draco I sold last year! Well finished, well fitted, and generally slick all over was my initial impression of the weapon. The simple addition of an appropriate folding stock (post-Form 1, of course) and a Krink or HOBO muzzle device, and you'd have a fantastic SBR. I'm hoping to find one of the 7.62x39 models in stock within driving range this week and pick it up.

krink762sf_zpsde7723c8.jpg

Attachments

• krink762sf.jpg
      krink762sf.jpg
      11.6 KB · Views: 4

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    After doing some research and handling one at USDS I've decided that the N-Pap is going to be my next long gun purchase. OP, or anyone else for that matter, do you know what the difference between the N and O Paps is?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    N-Pap has a standard 1 mm receiver. O Pap has a 1.5mm RPK receiver with the bulged trunion. There's a difference in the front and rear sight too.

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    O-PAP's more like original M70 with exception of bayo lug and grenade sight. It has the RPK front trinion and 1.5mm receiver and it's a newly made rifle except it has surplus wood, but it's nice and in unissued condition. As the N-PAP it has double stack bolt and trinion made for double stack, not modified like the PAP's had. I'd rather had the O-PAP, but needed instantaneous gratification and cash, so I didn't wanna wait to order. I don't think Century's bringing in anymore O-PAP's cause they're not in their catalog now. Don't know for sure. Both these guys come here with Serb barrels and not whatever US ones century uses on other stuff they assemble.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    o-pap may be a little better option but its personal preference in what you're looking for, both are solid. There is so much stuff out there on the difference, just google.

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    I've gotten all spun up with the need for a Krinkov over the last few weeks and started researching the Zastava M92 pistols. Seems they're about as close to a real Krink as anything that's ever hit the US market. Namely, the hinged top cover with rear sight, bolt hold-open selector, top handguard retainer, front sight unit, and muzzle device threads are all spot on! I handled one of the 5.56x45mm versions today at a local gun shop and was blown away by the quality. It was nothing like the Draco I sold last year! Well finished, well fitted, and generally slick all over was my initial impression of the weapon. The simple addition of an appropriate folding stock (post-Form 1, of course) and a Krink or HOBO muzzle device, and you'd have a fantastic SBR. I'm hoping to find one of the 7.62x39 models in stock within driving range this week and pick it up.

Yeah, these Balkan folks turn out some pretty quality stuff. I had a Remington M5 made by them and a couple of their Mausers, they were all great stuff also. And boy that little Rem M5 was CRAZY accurate.

Street Howitzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2013
    South Bend
    I've had my OPAP for almost a year now and I love it so far. Fantastic fit and finish, flawless reliability. I know there is a lot of Arsenal love around here and they are great guns, but for the money, I think the OPAP and NPAP are fantastic guns. A buddy has an M92 pistol that I've shot some, just shot it yesterday actually. Like my OPAP it's got great build quality overall. The dust cover is a little tweaked, but overall a great gun. Cool thing about the pistols is that they don't have to be 922r compliant, so his M92 has the real Zastava double hook trigger and hammer.

guitarslinger21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    southwest
    I've had my O-PAP for almost a year too, and it's been a lot of fun making it mine. I cleaned and refinished the furniture. I added a Russian sling and rear sling mount to the stock. I also swapped out the mount on my PK-A red dot to fit the O-PAP's SVD style mount. It's a solid, cool, fun gun. FWIW, Atlantic still has them.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Now how compatible is the N-Pap with other AK parts and accessories? I know the Yugo's use a different style handguard than other AK's, but will it work with different style AK magazines, stocks, etc.?

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Mags, any work fine; stocks, not much out there. Tapco t-6 and Ace skeleton with M70 adaptor's about all I've seen. Hopin' soon someone will offer a NATO style. There's no tang/s, it bolts on like an 870 stock. Not much in forearms either, M70's are longer.

guitarslinger21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    southwest
    Now how compatible is the N-Pap with other AK parts and accessories? I know the Yugo's use a different style handguard than other AK's, but will it work with different style AK magazines, stocks, etc.?

The muzzle will take any 14x1mm LH threaded devices. (Tapco For example)

Pistol grip is compatible with pretty much anything. Swapped mine out for a hogue.

stock = I don't know, but the poster above me answered it though.

magazines = anything I've tried. Steel, us palm, tapco, bulgarian poly, etc.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I recently noticed on the J&G website they describe the folding stock N-PAP as built at/in Zastava/Serbia but the fixed stock are described as assembled by Century Arms International using both new US made parts and original parts. Is that the case with yours?

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    It's got a Zastava receiver, bolt, carrier and barrel. Century pistol grip and muzzle brake. (I'm assuming Century cause they are stamped "C") And Tapco 3pc Gen2 single hook. Most the stuff I read on them say they have a US piston but I can't find anything at all stamped on it. No stampings of any sort on stock or for-ends, even took 'em off. So assuming that the "C" marked pistol grip and muzzle brake are US made and the 3pc Tapco, that gives us 5, I don't know if it's the wood or the piston that's the 6th 922r part cause it sure isn't there in the two 30rd Rommy mags it came with lol.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Cool. So I assume it was imported as a single stack then converted re922r compliance. I was just thrown by the different wording for the underfolder vs fixed versions.

I picked up one of the underfolders when they were on sale a couple weeks ago and look forwarding to expressing my Yugoslavian heritage at the range.

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Yes the mag hole was opened up, but they've done a far better job than they do on WASR's...idk, maybe the Serbs provide proper layout lines lol? Again, it also has a double stack trinion and not a hogged out one like the paps had. And double stack bolt, which can't be stated enough...that pee-poor conversion Century did on the G1 pap gave the whole new Zastava AK line a bad rep.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    Congratulations on the pick up. I'm a very pleased owner of an OPAP and it's an absolute tank. I wish you many years of reliable shooting with that NPAP.

flyboy84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    I enjoy shooting my npap that I picked up pre all the crazy crap. But I am looking to change the stock and pistol grip.

Top Bottom