• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I'm looking at the wood stocked version and am thinking about ordering one but I'm concerned about the quality of a Century built ak. Anyone already own one and like it??

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Handled one at Bradis and it seemed well made, very curious how they shoot myself. If they get good reviews I think this may be my next purchase.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    For a rifle that's going to see nothing but bi-metal jacketed bullets, I'd prefer it was chrome lined for the price point.

But unless it's going to see a high round count it might not be a problem. Really is a shame they skimped on that.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    For a rifle that's going to see nothing but bi-metal jacketed bullets, I'd prefer it was chrome lined for the price point.

But unless it's going to see a high round count it might not be a problem. Really is a shame they skimped on that.

I thought that was kind of dumb myself that they didn't chrome the barrel.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I have a 70B and it never had even a single issue. It won't eat anything and is accurate as far as accuracy applies to a AK

Phezzik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Madison County
    I know I'm new here and I don't want to step on anybodies toes, but for what it's worth I worked on several Century AK's when I was working as a gunsmith in Albuquerque. While most of them are indeed of good build quality and reliability, I did have a couple that had serious cycling issues, as in no matter the mag/ammo combination I did they refused to function. Turned out the barrel trunnion was installed off center, therefor the rear sight base was offset almost 2 degrees clockwise, so the piston was binding on the guide. But again, that does not speak to their general quality, as I did handle several that shot great, and even though the rifle wouldn't consistently cycle, it was the most accurate AK I've ever shot.

Top Bottom