• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The antis would continue to argue everyone else's rights away until they have lost the freedom of speech to make such arguments themselves. Sadly, those of us with common sense will have to save them from themselves in order to save ourselves from them. :rolleyes:

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When antis blithely speak about how they're coming for your guns, they always seem to gloss over the detail of who will actually be enforcing these gun bans. Cooke mentions how police and military would have to be recruited to achieve these confiscations - many of whom are the very same "gun nuts" that the grabbers complain about. The Oath Keepers are most vocal of those determined to uphold the Constitution as written. How many local LEOs will simply turn a blind eye rather than following orders to infringe the civil right of their friends and family?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    When antis blithely speak about how they're coming for your guns, they always seem to gloss over the detail of who will actually be enforcing these gun bans. Cooke mentions how police and military would have to be recruited to achieve these confiscations - many of whom are the very same "gun nuts" that the grabbers complain about. The Oath Keepers are most vocal of those determined to uphold the Constitution as written. How many local LEOs will simply turn a blind eye rather than following orders to infringe the civil right of their friends and family?

I don't think there's much logic involved. I'm one of the token conservatives on a basketball forum, and I posted Cooke's article in there in response to some hand-ringing about the reporter shooting the cameraman and female reporter. Much head explosion from the libs followed, then I started getting the "you know, well-regulated gives the government the right to pass gun laws durr dur". Then I dropped a bunch of quotes from Scalia in Heller on them. Been kind of fun actually. :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't think there's much logic involved. I'm one of the token conservatives on a basketball forum, and I posted Cooke's article in there in response to some hand-ringing about the reporter shooting the cameraman and female reporter. Much head explosion from the libs followed, then I started getting the "you know, well-regulated gives the government the right to pass gun laws durr dur". Then I dropped a bunch of quotes from Scalia in Heller on them. Been kind of fun actually. :D

Well-regulated doesn't give rights to anyone, least of all to government. Rights come from our Creator. Man does not give rights, nor can he take them. Man created government. Government is entrusted with powers and authority, which are a far cry from rights. Rights exist whether we recognize them or not. Powers and authority can be taken away by nothing more than someone losing his job.

And yes, I know you know this. It's just more head-popping material for you to use. Please do rephrase it so they don't websearch your words and come over here... the mod staff has enough work to do. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I for one, was in a sad way, glad to see the left wing-nuts out in force on the very same day of the latest tragic shooting.
    It seems the anti's, including most of the Democratic party, don't learn history lessons very well.

Every last incident of "gun violence" perpetrated in the last couple of decades have resulted in similar reactions in America.
    The anti's start screaming, "We need to do SOMETHING, for the children...", and gun sales/ownership rise again.

It's ironic I know, but Barack Obama and his cronies have been directly responsible for a dramatic increase in the number of LEGAL firearms in Americans hands.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I for one, was in a sad way, glad to see the left wing-nuts out in force on the very same day of the latest tragic shooting.
    It seems the anti's, including most of the Democratic party, don't learn history lessons very well.

Every last incident of "gun violence" perpetrated in the last couple of decades have resulted in similar reactions in America.
    The anti's start screaming, "We need to do SOMETHING, for the children...", and gun sales/ownership rise again.

It's ironic I know, but Barack Obama and his cronies have been directly responsible for a dramatic increase in the number of LEGAL firearms in Americans hands.

Kirk pointed out a while back that the narrative usually goes like:

"OMG! Someone did a terrible thing! We have to do something! Here is something! So we have to do this!" In this case, "something" is usually, "ban guns!" :rolleyes:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Kirk pointed out a while back that the narrative usually goes like:

"OMG! Someone did a terrible thing! We have to do something! Here is something! So we have to do this!" In this case, "something" is usually, "ban guns!" :rolleyes:
    It's the same old song and dance. "We need strict UBCs" "Close the gun show loopholes" "Why do civilians need assault rifles?" " Who needs assault rifles to hunt with?" (all of which had nothing to do with this latest incident, BTW) blah..blah..blah. Hec, they've even conceded that the shooter in the latest incident in the slaying of the two journalists passed a background check. It doesn't matter. "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!"

Top Bottom