• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Sooooooo..... we won't be able to get our M1 carbines or M1 Garands back from Korea, and I don't know much of anything about trusts and corporations to comment on that one. I want to know what 250,000 firearms they're talking about being imported. Are they CMP Garands? I can't think of what military arms we sent over seas that have been returned since 2005.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Once again, they take measures to punish lawful gun owners. How many of those weapons do you think have been used in crimes?

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    Well, here we go again with the next panic! The article was alluding to the Korean M1s. I'm really glad Obama is addressing all of those crazies that are murdering and doing drive-bys with Garands! That was really getting to be a problem. :rolleyes: I guess he ignores FBI statisics that say handguns are used in the majority of gun related crimes... But hey, its all about disarming the country before we can come to our senses. Nice to know he thinks he's a monarch now.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    it's a sad day for mil-surp collectors. Expect the prices for Garands and M1 carbines to go thru the roof.
    Yeah, I'm going to give up on getting one. I can't scrape up the $700-$800 to get a lower end one now; just wait until that doubles once this hits the news. Heck, all surplus will freak out now. I almost hope that this gets swept under the rug. Sad they get away with it, but blocking the M1 Carbines is less detrimental than prices doubling on everything once again.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I hope the NFA crowd notes this:

"The Obama administration is also proposing a federal rule to stop those who would be ineligible to pass a background check from skirting the law by registering a gun to a corporation or trust. The new rule would require people associated with those entities, like beneficiaries and trustees, to undergo the same type of fingerprint-based background checks as individuals if they want to register guns."

Read more: Administration announces new gun control measures, targets military surplus imports | Fox News

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Is this guy's term up yet? We need a new sub forum, Dictator's orders, as this has nothing to do with legislation.

Is ammo next?

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    It does make me a bit curious as to the last time an M1 was used in a crime. Obviously there must have been an event for this sort of thing to be a priority, right?! On the other hand, he keeps up with this executive order thing and maybe we can register his pen as a WMD (of freedom).

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    Yep, more dictatorial BS from the pretender-in-chief . . . "Sooner or later, we are going to get this right," Obama said that day in the White House Rose Garden, with the families of Newtown victims and former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords -- herself a victim of a gunman -- at his side. "The memories of these children demand it, and so do the American people,"

I didn't realize old war surplus firearms kill so many people today in this country. Hey, that means my firearms are defective . . . . They haven't killed anything.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Wow, not even a attempt to link this to a single thing that would prevent any type of crime. Just a naked gun grab..........let's see how this plays out.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Yep, more dictatorial BS from the pretender-in-chief . . . "Sooner or later, we are going to get this right," Obama said that day in the White House Rose Garden, with the families of Newtown victims and former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords -- herself a victim of a gunman -- at his side. "The memories of these children demand it, and so do the American people,"

I didn't realize old war surplus firearms kill so many people today in this country. Hey, that means my firearms are defective . . . . They haven't killed anything.

Yes they're defective. I'll dispose of them for you, for free even!!

Top Bottom