18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    VC Cigars - from Victor Calvo -

are sponsoring a cigar night at the NWI INGO Clubhouse

~ PIT STOP SMOKE SHOP's 1101 Cigar Lounge ~

Thursday June 5 from 6pm to 9pm

large_mikes-cigars-product-623.jpg

These are easy to smoke, hand made, cigars at reasonable prices. Not the normal $8 to $15 price tags
    from many of the name brands, those cigars are mostly in the under $7.00 price range. But as is normal
    for these events, there is NO PRESSURE to buy a cigar, NO PRESSURE to smoke a cigar. You are welcome
    to join in if you choose, but you should not feel obligated. There is NO CHARGE, these events are sponsored
    by the cigar company and I open them up to INGO members.

We are planning to have a guitar player, plus there will be complimentary coffee, Pepsi and water.

If you have never Open Carried this is a comfortable
    place where Open Carry is welcomed and accepted. There is NO
    requirement to Openly Carry a gun, but you are welcome to do so
    if you wish to give it a try.

The parking lot is small, feel free to park in the large empty lot to the west side of the cigar lounge! :yes way:

Picture6-1.png

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I've got a 6:30 game that night but might be able to make it afterwards. I've got softball on thursday nights for the next few months, so I might not be there till its done.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    By the way we've been playing this year, I wouldnt be surprised if we got beat early. We suck! And I was told this was a good team. :dunno:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I have always wanted to attend but have never been able to fit it in.

This time I am off the entire week and the day would fit into a short excursion to Chicago to see some museums and experience some different ethnic cuisine.

While I still cannot guarantee to fit this in I will certainly endeavor to make the effort.

Regards,

Doug

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Doug, hope to see you there. But if we don't then please enjoy the museums.

If you have time, make sure to visit the PEGGY NORTBART NATURE MUSEUM, they have a 2 story tall butterfly room where they release thousands of butterflies into the room and they will land on you, you can feed them, etc. The rest of the museum is just a small nature museum, but the butterfly room is worth a visit. The museum is located inside LINCOLN PARK 1 or 2 blocks north of the LINCOLN PARK ZOO, which is a free zoo in the city. Small, but a nice place to visit if you want to walk around and enjoy looking at animals.

I'm a big fan of the Museum of Science & Industry, make sure you see the submarine! While you are at that museum you will be about 6 or 8 blocks away from the University of Chicago, where Obama was a 'guest lecturer' and also ranked as one of the top 5 universities in the nation. If you drive past the campus you will see some pretty facades, but if you like architecture then please walk through the campus (the area just to the north of the Midway Pleasance). There is also FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT's "Robie House" on campus, take a tour, its astounding.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To Melensdad,

Thanks for the input. It is good to be aware of options.

One of the places I would like to tour is the LaPorte County Historical Society. It has the largest (?) collection of antique guns in the world. If not the largest, very nice selection for a community that size!

Some of the locations on may list include, but are not limited to:

Science and Industry
    Federal Reserve Bank Money Museum
    International Museum of Surgical Science
    National Veterans Art Museum
    The Newberry Library
    The Pritzker Military Library

One of my main motivations is food, not the museums. While I do love spending time in museums and learning things, I also enjoy the interaction with others and experiencing new things. A local restaurant is run by a great Iranian guy. I cajoled him on and off to have an "Iranian Food Night" but eventually he just said his kitchen wasn't up to it. He recommended a place in Chicago.

A while after that I met Iraqi Ambassador Istrabadi to the United Nations here in Fort Wayne. When talking Iraqi food he recommended a place up in Chicago. I do like Fort Wayne but our diversity isn't that of a large city. Food is a great way to learn about another countries culture. It gives a great, neutral way to begin interacting with people with whom you might not have much in common - yet.

I also hear that Chicago will have some good Ethiopian restaurants along with some Polish dining experiences. I am looking forward to experiencing it all.

And, along the way, if I can fit in a fine cigar with excellent company it would be a great addition to the trip - IF I have the resources to make the trip...

We shall see.

Regards,

Doug

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    To Melensdad,

Thanks for the input. It is good to be aware of options.

. . .

One of my main motivations is food. . .

I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the city, and have not yet gotten to Alinea. But Chicago is a foodie's paradise and has held the distinction of having been named the best restaurant city in the world and also, multiple times, having the best restaurant in the world. It was a shock when Charlier Trotter died, but I was able to meet him, to go to his studio, to eat in his restaurant and even to get a private tour of his kitchen.

This is the new reigning champion of restaurants in the world, buy your tickets now (yes, you buy a ticket to eat there, you don't make reservations) => Alinea named World's Best Restaurant - Chicago Tribune

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I smoked one of these the other day (Tuesday?) at the lounge. I had the one with the Connecticut wrapper. It is a mild cigar with a nice flavor and a nice even burn. I use a single "v" cut and for maybe the first half inch or so it was kind of a hard draw, but after that it was fine. Good cigar at a great price.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    VC Cigars - from Victor Calvo -

are sponsoring a cigar night at the NWI INGO Clubhouse

~ PIT STOP SMOKE SHOP's 1101 Cigar Lounge ~

Thursday June 5 from 6pm to 9pm

large_mikes-cigars-product-623.jpg

These are easy to smoke, hand made, cigars at reasonable prices. Not the normal $8 to $15 price tags
    from many of the name brands, those cigars are mostly in the under $7.00 price range. But as is normal
    for these events, there is NO PRESSURE to buy a cigar, NO PRESSURE to smoke a cigar. You are welcome
    to join in if you choose, but you should not feel obligated. There is NO CHARGE, these events are sponsored
    by the cigar company and I open them up to INGO members.

We are planning to have a guitar player, plus there will be complimentary coffee, Pepsi and water.

If you have never Open Carried this is a comfortable
    place where Open Carry is welcomed and accepted. There is NO
    requirement to Openly Carry a gun, but you are welcome to do so
    if you wish to give it a try.

The parking lot is small, feel free to park in the large empty lot to the west side of the cigar lounge! :yes way:

Picture6-1.png

Top Bottom