• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serviceboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    franklin, in.
    i have a license to carry handgun permit for indiana. as far as i know i dont not "have" to carry it conceled. is this correct?
    i have also found online via Handgunlaw.us what other states honor my license. i have been having a hard time finding where i can and cant carry my handgun. obviously i know nothing federal... can someone please help me, thanks!!!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i have a license to carry handgun permit for indiana. as far as i know i dont not "have" to carry it conceled. is this correct?
    i have also found online via Handgunlaw.us what other states honor my license. i have been having a hard time finding where i can and cant carry my handgun. obviously i know nothing federal... can someone please help me, thanks!!!

i will also suggest when looking into other states that you go to that states state police website for the most current and correct info for that particular state.

and :welcome: to INGO

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I would probley not carry in the open in public.I think that people would either freak out or think I was a cop and leave me alone.Plus I really dont want the general public knowing that I am armed(That way I lose the element of surprise on my would be attacker)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I would probley not carry in the open in public.I think that people would either freak out or think I was a cop and leave me alone.Plus I really dont want the general public knowing that I am armed(That way I lose the element of surprise on my would be attacker)

If a criminal knows your armed they are less likely to attack you, and if they do it anyways then they would have done it before you open carried. to me in the winter i carry concealed because its hidden with a coat. in the summer i think its tacky to leave my shirt un tucked, unless im in a t-shirt, so i leave it out. im not a fan of the in the waist holsters, i dont like the feel. i like to have my weapon on my side and ready to roll if need be. no obstructions is better for me at least. yes i can move a coat or a shirt, but whats to say that ONE time you need it that it wont go as practiced and it hangs up on your clothing. im not chancing it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

We've found that people freaking out due to open carry is extremely rare in Indiana.
    Not noticing and leaving people alone is however, quite common.

Also, surprising attackers is actually trickier than you might think.;)

For your reading enjoyment:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

KahrFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Speedway
    I asked a couple different police officers, and they both said you may do as you please. One officer said it causes some people to stress when they see someone OCing, but the choice is yours...for now.

Top Bottom